Florida-South Florida
Options

Dalsimer and J Morgan

I had appointments with both of them this past saturday.Dalsimer- it was not at all what I expected. I swear he was hung over. His hair was a mess, wearing a wrinkled shirt and he had a sticker on his stomach that I could see when he stood up. All he did was show us pictures off his website, which I've already seen and then took us on a tour of the building. J Morgan- She was awesome. She showed us lots of books with pictures in them and samples of flowers. She drew sketches of the CPs and had some great ideas. She even had my Mom laughing. HTHJennifer

Re: Dalsimer and J Morgan

• Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, I had a similar experience. I started at J Morgan and Jacqueline was such a pleasure! She really listened to me, came up with ideas that were in line with what I described, and wasn't pushy or offensive. She had us laughing as well (especially when discussing step mom issues) and when we left even my bridesmaids were saying that they loved her.Dalsimer on the other hand -- I met with Jimmy. Not that he was a mean guy, but he just wasn't very professional. And what really got me was even though I kept saying the blue color I was using in my wedding was teal, he kept pushing Tiffany Blue on me. Hello, I already picked my colors!! And when I told him I was looking to include carnations he was like "ooh the C word". So instead of embracing my ideas, he basically made fun of me for picking a flower thats not as expensive. Last time I checked, I personally like how carnations looked when in large bunches, and as the customer, mine is the only opinion that matters. Oh, and as we were leaving, he followed us outside and asked what was going on that night, where the party was at, etc. Nothing infuriates me more than not being treated like any other adult customer just because me and my friends are in our early (cough-Mid) twenties. I'm looking to do business with you, not have you come out drinking with us. Ugh.That being said, I signed with J Morgan.
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feeadback I now started my florist seach this past weekend too, and it didn't start off well.
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks for the honest opinions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And you listed a few of many reasons why I choose JMorgan over Dalsimer. Jack was fantastic, my flowers were breathtaking and exactly what I had envisioned. You will be well taken care of with JMorgan.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, by the looks of it Dalsimer will find itself with no bridal customers very soon! Thanks for the reviews.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    its so funny b/c there are positive and negative experiences with both vendors on this board. but for me, when j morgan posed as a knottie/bride-to-be it was just too much for me to stomach. But I am glad you found a florist you click with - congrats!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow that is terrible - although my experience with Dalsimer was polar opposite. I dont blame you for being turned off, had my meeting been like that I would have been discouraged too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have hear both good and bad things about both.  Unfortunately, J Morgan did come on here pretending to be a knottie and then complained soooo bad to the knot gods that a knottie left a bad review of them that they pulled her reviews.  What a crybaby!You can see both gatornicole's negative reviews and Mcmahaee's positive review here:http://sflweddingreviews.blogspot.com/search/label/J%20Morgan%20Flowers
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's so funny because there are so many positive and negatives reviews of vendors on here and sometimes I feel like we're meeting with completely different people even though they're the same! I guess sometimes vendors have their off days, and some people just click better with others.And on that note, I have a feeling if I had met with the other guy at Dalsimer I would've been a lot happier. I hear good things about him.
  • Options
    ladyj828ladyj828 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I may have to interview some other florists just to make sure who I want to go with. It was just such a weird experience with Dalsimer I thought I should share. Thanks ladies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards