Honeymoon Discussions

Re: x

• Options
    Go where you want to go. 13 hours isn't that bad especially considering that you will have your husband with you. When we go to Hawaii, it usually takes longer than that but it's totally worth it. Travel doesn't have to be stressful. Just keep a zen attitude, wear comfortable clothing and carry a kindle/nook/ipad.
  • Options
    2 or 3 layovers? eek. is there any city in the us that you can reach in one flight that has a direct flight to anguilla? or perhaps another island and then a quick inter-island flight or ferry?
    here's some info that i found. http://www.b-v-i.com/AnguillaAirport/default.htm
    there's also a ferry from st martin if that makes it easier.

• Options

When I looked it up on expedia, it looks like the flights into Anguilla all stop over in San  Juan. If you're wanting less stress, why not fly to one of the cities that has a direct to San Juan, stay there for a night, and then do the flight to San Juan then onto Puerto Rico the next day?  Then you can experience a new city, and still have your dream HM without the stress of 2+ layovers. 

If you're spending the money, why not go to the place you really want to go.  Don't settle for something else just for a few less hours of traveling.  13 hours is a lot, but think of how relaxing it'll be once you get there!

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    We travel to St. Barth which has the same issue as Anguilla-you have to take a puddle jumper or ferry from St. Martin. I assume you can get a direct flight to Miami. From there you fly to St. Martin and then take a short plane ride on a regional carrier or a ferry to Anguilla. It is not a big deal at all and will be worth it in the end. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I say go where you want to go, but just prepare yourself. Lots of magazines, books, snacks etc. Also, factor that travel time into the total length of your trip. You will be traveling literally 24 hours round trip, so make sure you add extra time somewhere. You don't want to feel like your HM was cut short. 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would try to see if it is at all possible to get there in one flight.... Or with as few layovers as possible -- Even if it costs more.  My reasoning being we went to Kauai this summer, and were super cheap and had 2 layovers.  Well there was a severe thunderstorm in MSP that caused our plane to be delayed by over two hours - we almost missed our connecting flight.  But we didn't.... Unfortunately that same storm caused almost the entire fleet severe hail damage or something so our following flight was completely cancelled... Anwyas what should have taken us about 10 hours was a 24 hour ordeal - and we ended up sleeping in the Airport.. I was definately kicking myself for not spending the extra couple of bucks to have one layover ....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    It took 24 hours each way between Central Canada and Ireland because of layovers.  It's not the funnest thing ever but it's doable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hate layovers and avoid them at all costs.  That being said, 13 hours is kind of normal flight time for me to get anywhere back home. (I live in Sweden).

The thing is, stuff can happen to cause travel chaos whether you have no layovers or 5. You just have to shrug it off and move on. There's nothing romantic about traveling so don't expect it to be that way. Take a business-like attitude and it'll be over before you know it.
  • Options
    We dreamed of going to Anguilla and had our honeymoon booked at Cap Juluca. Even from NYC, it was a pain to get there, so we planned to fly to St. Martin and take the ferry. Unfortunately hurricanes canceled our trip twice (and we went to Barbados instead). PPs are right; if you plan for a layover it won't seem that bad. Be sure to pack extra clothes and necessities in your carryon just in case you get there without your luggage. San Juan is a great suggestion. And you'll be with your new husband so travel won't be so bad! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards