Honeymoon Discussions

Dewey Beach

What's Dewey Beach, DE like? Any nightlife? How close is it to DC?
LO

Re: Dewey Beach

• lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I've been to the Dewey/Rehoboth area a few times and I personally don't like it.  I was pretty bored.  I would just go to Ocean City, MD.  There is so much more to do there and it's not much further past the Delaware beaches.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • It can tend to be a little quiet down there, even in the summer.  I think they have an early curfew, like bars close at 12 or so.
    I second the OC, MD idea.. and recommend Baltimore (not sure where you are coming from/how far to go).
  • kw44932kw44932 member
    First Comment

I agree with the previous comments about there not being much to do in Dewey Beach.  Ocean City has a much better night life (Seacrets, etc).  I think Dewey Beach is close to 3 hours away from DC.

• Yup agree with posters above.  Bars in Dewey close at 1am.  OCMD has a much better night life but is still a bit of a drive from DC I believe.
  • Thanks ladies! OCMD it is!
    LO
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I started going to Dewey Beach at age 16 ... lots of debauchery and drinking, tons of fun.  I haven't been there in ages, except to stop at Ed's Chicken.  I cannot imagine going there for a honeymood though.  It is about a 3 hour drive from DC to Dewey.
  • Dewey is very quiet night life-wise. I've always had a good time with friends in a beach house, but wouldn't consider it for a honeymoon. Very far from DC, but close to OCMD (which has better night life, more going on) and other more family oriented beaches (like Bethany, Lewes, Rehoboth).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I booked my honeymoon at the Carosel hotel in Ocean City, MD! I'm so excited!
    LO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards