Florida-South Florida
Options

Vendor-free-knotting long vent

I am sure many of you appreciate a vendor free board, and like the honest feedback, recommendations and reviews your fellow knotties provide.  Many of us, myself included, rely heavily on this feedback to make a shortlist for vendor interviews.This board is a hotspot and vendors try to pose as knotties all the time to drum up business for themselves and their colleagues.  Some are easy to spot.... others not so much (Alina M is a very recent example - she has been posting here successfully pushing her business for at least 5 months). How are these sneaky poseurs caught... by being skeptical of the random post by the person we have never seen or been introduced (usually either singing praises or completely bashing a vendor.  While I do not believe in jumping down anyone's throat, I do not see the problem with asking a probing question to somewhat verify the validity of the post.So, if you enjoy this relatively vendor-free board, know that it is the result of the knotties that have tried to keep it that way.  If a few knotties on here aren't skeptical of the random posts, it will be infiltrated and you will not be able to trust the recommendations that are given.Just something to consider.

Re: Vendor-free-knotting long vent

• Options
    rclnd83rclnd83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well spoken
  • Options
    tshuratshura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agree!
    Bio image Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly:) - Rose Franken
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for posting this.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Call me naive and that is why I am asking but in the example you gave of Alina M which post(s) have triggered you to believe it is her or someone from her company. I don't check the blog constantly therefore I miss a lot of the post but nothing has crossed my path to make that assumption. I am not doubting you but I would like clarification and therefor point out those that may be vendors from those that are not. TIA!
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No worries.  About a week ago, someone by the name of Belina posted some really nasty comments essentially calling us all cheap brides.  Well once we started looking into her posting history, it turns out that over the course of over 5 months her only posts were about Alina M.  On occasion she would also recommend a few of her colleagues.  Further proof of this was given when a knottie, who either interviewed or booked her, confirmed that these mentioned colleagues were the vendors that Alina recommends to her clients.She DDed her nasty posts of course.  Here is an example of her past posts, you can google the rest:http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=58827769&forumid=30
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes I remember the left ovaries comment now. Thank you for the clarification, I just hope those that are vendors are a bit dumb and this does not become more chaotic with some devils advocate ideas I am thinking of :\
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you are very welcome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Muddi, this is true... My post, which I'm sure is the reason why you posted, was not to welcome vendors. I agree with you 100% I was just saying we should be nice. Vendors aren't allowed to post and that's fine but in order to "uncover"their identity we do not need to be so harsh. I don't know, maybe I'm just seeing the harsh comments left and right (even when its not vendor related) and I thought I'd post something to make some of the women realize "say something nice or don't say anything at all"... Trying to save the world here. Ha.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually yours wasn't the one that got me going.  But I after I read yours, I did feel more justified to start a new thread.Since I don't frequent here as much, maybe I am missing the harsh comments (or they are DDed before I read them).  I agree with you - meanness or rudeness is not cool.  I have certainly never meant to be.  But I have been compelled to ask questions when I felt it was warranted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My final .02 for the night since I can't seem to fall asleep lol!!! I am a lurker (confession wed lol) and there has been more unfortunate issues now, that I have seen in a while and it is unfortunate. The vendor issue is one that no one can truly control in a way that no vendor can access the SFL board and I am sure others have the same issue. I think the best way of going about it is if the person seems "fishy" then simple ask them to provide more information... if no further information is provided then I guess one can decide to choose whether to think the poster is credible or not, a vendor or not. In an earlier post Ellynet, pointed out a great point where people are quicker to speak about the negative then the positive because we are beings of emotions and when we are mad we want to be loud and make sure everyone knows lol. The regular knotties/real knotties all seem to be amazing women and we should not sink to the level of vendors who find it a need to come on to the board with nonsense and just ignore their posts. Once unnecessary comments start jumping out, I think that is where some knotties feel that the line should be drawn. So LONG post short: If you think it's a vendor kindly ask them to explain themselves if they can't then take it for what it is. The only reason I continue to lurk is because everyone seems so kind and welcoming and I know you wouldn't want future knotties to lurk and see rude comments and not want to partake in the board. I hope this helps and brings together both that don't want vendors and those that want the respect of the board to continue and continue the amazing board that SFL is! :)
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    ok, Jenise, I totally missed that whole Alina M. situation - you are good!  And yes, be polite but cautiously so. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenise I agree with you 100%. I think this board is great b/c we keep vendors off. It's not allowed and it's not ok for them to post.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenise, I agree with you totally. Also, this is something I have been thinking for a while and I want to say. A vendor who is getting married still may not post on this board. Period. I have read a few posts where girls say "of course you are welcome to post if you are a bride." This is not true. If you work in the wedding industry, you may not post here. It is very clear in the rules. It doesnt matter if you are a bride or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards