Florida-South Florida
Options

How are you ladies so involved in your shower?

Especially the ladies getting married mid 2010?Has the bridal party already told you they're planning your shower, are you planning your own, etc?I know Court - you said you're looking at a dress for your shower. I thought they planned it closer to the date. Just curious b/c my bridal party hasn't said a word

Re: How are you ladies so involved in your shower?

• Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only reason I would have any clue is bc I have to go up to NY for it. I think they'll do it closer to the wedding date. FMIL's friends in CT are planning one for me too, so I have to know about that one. Its in November. If I wasnt traveling, I probably wouldnt know.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having mine early for 2 reasons. First, most of my bridal party is OOT and it's hard on them to fly out twice in the span of a month or 2. Second b/c the holiday's are right before my wedding and that's a crazy time for everyone. October was the easiest date. My mom booked the shower and venue and my girls are planning the games and events. I dont like surprises so I wanted to know when my shower was. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I already told my mom and sister and girls I don't want it to be a surprise. Maybe I;m a party pooper? lol
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    photonbugphotonbug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know the details of my shower other than the date.  They are planing it for October so that it is not near any holidays. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    murrc2murrc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only know the date also, because they had to coordinate with my work schedule...I wanted the rest to be a surprise =)
    image Cathy & Chris January 30, 2010 image Isabella and Olivia Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My shower is this weekend (about 6 weeks before the wedding)! I didn't plan any of it other than giving some ideas for dates. I wanted to give my girls full rein. It's not a total surprise and I know more details now b/c FMIL let some details slip (Whoops!), but I don't know EVERYTHING that's planned.
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not allowed to know ANYTHING, but I managed to get the date - Dec 28th, since I'll be home for Christmas. I have no idea about anything else!!
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so funny that you posted this. I literally just got off the phone with my sister and was emailing with Jillian about it. I had to give the date because of my work. Also, I wanted to make sure it didn't interfere with Passover, or Easter. And, both of my sister's (my MOHs) had friends get engaged recently planning February, March, and April weddings. I had to get my dates in there! Otherwise, now we're just trying to find a place and I think we found a person willing to have it at their huge house! Yay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually throwing my own =( My mother inlaw is helping me though. We are having it about a month before the wedding. =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ... don't even think I'll get a shower thrown :\Stupid Emily Post had to say it's not proper for the bride to throw her own shower, huh? Lol.
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    F*ck Emily Post. Hmph.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, aw Andra. I wish I could ... I probably will get really desperate and do it ... or not. NER.
  • Options
    rclnd83rclnd83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was totally involved helping my mom out with anything she needed help with. 4 out of 6 my bridesmaid are out of town. I had no problem helping out. I just couldnt help out on the day before and the day of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm psycho and I'm planning my own. :) Emily who? LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO Monica!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sisters & mom are throwing mine - but I am totally involved and telling them everything I want. I'm too picky- at least for my "main" shower. If my work friends, or other groups of friends decide to throw another one then that is fine... I don't have to be involved. But the main one definitely. I even have a link for the shower on my planning bio..LOL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't know b/c I'm not having a shower :(
  • Options
    rclnd83rclnd83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    who's emily? LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mom is providing the venue, food, and flowers, MOH is planning everything else. i am totally butting in and involving myself in the plans because otherwise i'd end up with a "pin the penis on the blow-up doll" type games at my shower. i'd be mortified.i'm not being 'bridezilla' about it or anything though, MOH and mom have asked for my opinion on several of the decisions, which i of course love =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think she's referring to Emily Post.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I'm so late!!! We decided to have mine SO early (6 months to the date!) because I wanted my FMIL & FSIL along with my best friend in florida and a few of my sorority sisters to come up to Philly... I didn't want to go into the holidays or winter (snow + FMIL = not a happy camper, lol) .... so, we picked October 24th :) I don't know much except when and where it is...and I can't waaaaait!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dont worry Millenia, my bridal party hasnt said a word to me either.I expect to not have a shower since my 3 BM are OOT.  And my MOH (my sister) is currently unemployed (laid off the week after I got engaged) : (
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards