Florida-South Florida
Options

Wedding Location Suggestions

Hi,  I'm new to the boards and I was hoping that you  could help me out by recommending some possible wedding locations in South Florida.  I'm from the Northeast but have tons of family in South Florida, as does my FI and we are considering having our wedding in the area.  Unfortunately, we are not sure where to start looking as far as a wedding location.We are hoping to have our wedding either in early November 2010 or January 2011, and expect to have about 150 guests.  I would greatly appreciate any and all help you could provide.  Thanks.

Re: Wedding Location Suggestions

• Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Give us a little bit more info. What area are looking into? Also what kind of budget are you going for?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the friendly welcome.  We are somewhat flexible regarding the specific area of South Florida as long as it is within about an hour in driving distance from Miami.  Our budget is $100pp (including tax & tip), and the most we could stretch for a place we really love is $115pp (and that would really be a stretch).I initially checked out a couple of places on Miami Beach thinking a beach wedding would be cool but they were out of our budget and/or didn't seem to offer much for the price.  Also, unlike in the Northeast where valet parking at wedding venues is complimentary or included in your pp price, the places on Miami Beach charge additional fees for it.I look forward to your suggestions! 
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome. There are a few Downtown Miami locations with view of the Bay that I think are in that price range: Doubletree and MarriottThe Westin Colonade in Coral Gables also should packages in there.The Rusty Pelican also has some in there.I hope this helps.
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board!  You an check out the following places: The Westin Colonnade (Coral Gables) Hilton Doubletree (Sunny Isles) Newport Beachside Resort (Sunny Isles)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As a former OOT bride, I highly recommend the Rusty Pelican. The package is pretty inclusive, and it made life a lot easier.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!Keep in mind that everything is negotiable! I negotiated by valet parking rate at my venue from $15 per car to $6 per car. I think the Miami Beach Resort might be in your price range. I remember their packages being really good. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely look into Rusty Pelican, Double Tree Grande Biscayne Bay, Jungle Island, Newport Beachside Hotel, the Westin Colonnade, Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale, Sonesta Resort in Coconut Grove.... I know there are other places out there but these are some good places within your budget. And like Sara said, everything is negotiable. So if you get a quote for $150 pp, you can likely get that down a bit. Esp in this economy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the suggestions.  I'm going to look into these.
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at the Rusty Pelican and it had great views and the food and service were wonderful. You can get a great package with them for that price. We were planning from NY and they were great to work with via phone and email.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Jungle Island and that might be a great option for you. You can also try the Biscayne Bay Marriott, Doubletree Grand Biscayne, Dadeland Marriott, Rusty Pelican, Hilton Miami Downtown.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi & welcome!!!! :) I'm also planning from OOT (Philly) for a South Florida wedding - we are having it at the Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale - great prices, great hotel! HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards