Florida-South Florida
Options

Cake Vendor

So I know this question has been asked a million times. But I am not sure which bakery to go to first from the vendor list. Here are the ones on the list: Elegant Temptations Ana Paz Edible Creations Edda's Cake Designs Also, please let me know if there is any I should avoid. Email me if you prefer jenniferl2010 at hotmail dot com I'm off to check Muddi's review site now. TIA

Re: Cake Vendor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any real advice.  Our venue package comes with a cake from Edda's.  Maybe the only advice I have is to, besides choosing a vendor that has the best options, is to consider location because of delivery charges . . ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard suuuuch good things about Edible Creations. They did Citytoshores cake and it was gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had trials with both Eddas in Pembroke Pines and Edible Creations - in my opinion, Lily at Edible Creations was FAR superior - I was given an hour of undivided attention. She listened to our ideas, sketched everything else, and was LOVELY to work with. Plus the cake was MUCH better.this was just my experience :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Edible Creations I love Lili & her cakes are amazing!
  • Options
    girllennongirllennon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Edible Creations for my wedding last month and everyone raved about the cake (and my family usually HATES wedding cake). We had a small wedding, so we didn't do a large cake, but we pigged out and ate the top layer of the cake within 2 days of the wedding. It was that good! The bottom layer was vanilla rum cake with dulce de leche filling and the top layer was guava cake with guavea filling.
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a trial at all of them bc I love cake! Edible Creations by far were the best, delicious cake and incredible customer service. She totally gave me my dream cake within the package. Edda's and Ana Paz were lackluster and dry and didn't have good customer service. (My DH was not pleased we wasted our time with them.) Elegant Temptations was nice but it would have cost too much money to upgrade the package to what I wanted.Email me if you need anything. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im using Ana paz - my trial was good, but cant say anything else until after my wedding i guess!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a very good experience with Ana Paz during planning but a week before the wedding not so great! You can read my review in my planning bio.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a trial with both Elegant Temptations and We Take the Cake.  We decided to go with We Take the Cake because we felt their cake tasted much better and they charged less for what we wanted.
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After reading countless reviews of them, I am quite assured that Eddas and Anas have pretty crappy customer service and hit or miss cakes.  Mine, while gorgeous, tasted soooo whatever and old.  Honestly, a cake from a box mix and some store bought jam would have tasted better - no joke.My opinion is if you actually have a choice in a baker, avoid them.  They have grown too big and don't have the quality control anymore.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of the vendors on your list, I only had tastings with Edda's and Edible Creations. Edible Creations was by far the best cake we tasted. Lily and Mike, the owners are huge sweethearts. I feel really good in their hands. Customer service has been excellent so far. They are a joy to work with and excellent with communication (email, etc.). I could seriously go on and on about them. I will have a full review after my wedding next month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards