Florida-South Florida
Options

The recession survey

Did anyone take it?  I'm curious to see if anyone else had a similar experience regarding vendors during this recession.  Did your vendors offer you deals and specials in order to book you during these rough times?  Mine didn't, except for Hitched.  I only found out about their specials through Michi who posted about the special, so I don't know if that counts since I wasn't even looking at chairs then . . . But one thing that made me go, "Huh?!?" was when we met with the first photographer, he asked me which prices I'd seen and inquired about because he had just raised his packages the previous week.  In this recession.

Re: The recession survey

• Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely was only able to book my venue (Westin Colonnade Rotunda) because of the drop (1/3) of the minimum due to the recession. I think they also created a special "budget" menu that is basically the only way I can have the number of people I needed. Our DJ (Shannon from Liquid DJs) also gave us a very different quote from what I had heard other brides here get (basically double) and after I asked about it he adjusted it to what other brides were getting, I don't know if that was exactly the recession but I have to think it was somewhat. So far I think that's it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't take the survey, but I feel like I talked almost everything down except my planner and flowers. The venue, DJ, photog. In some areas I am paying the same price but getting more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No one really offered special pricing. The only "deals" I got was because I tried to negotiate with every single vendor. If they didn't accept my negotiating, I did not book with them. If I had no negotiated with every vendor thus far, we wouldn't be able to afford a wedding at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took the survey. I definitely shopped around for better deals and prices in part due to the economy but I probably would have done that regardless....I do believe I got SOME better deals from vendors than they may normally charge... and I suspect that is due to the economy but I don't know for sure....
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely think I got better prices, because of the recession on every single one of my booked vendors so far.  Kind of sad. 
  • Options
    tshuratshura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took the surveyI only got discounts from 2 vendors...
    Bio image Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly:) - Rose Franken
  • Options
    photonbugphotonbug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got discounts from a few vendors. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen a lot more give-aways and such. I feel we got a good deal on my band and music.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've noticed some vendors are more willing to negotiate, others seem oblivious to the economic downturn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took it.  I definately got a deal on my reception space partially because of the recession and partially because they felt bad for me.  I also got the hitched deal on chairs and a couple beaded glass chargers.  I've seen some vendors offer deals over the summer saying it was because the summer is "slow season" but I don't know if they would do that if we weren't in a recession.The other thing that has been happening to me is I have been getting tons of email spam with deals from different DJ's and venues and wedding planners. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didnt get any discounts from vendors, however my wedding is going to be at a banquet hall which is already pretty inexpensive.  Actually my wedding is going to be a month after I initially wanted it because the banquet hall didnt have any dates available in April, I guess with the recession people are opting for less expensive venues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    minerva0416minerva0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mines was to get marry a non-saturday,,LOL... only one offer me a discount but not because of a slow recession it was because it was a sunday wedding/// Which it work out for me because im literally in love with my venue,,,,        Please ladies any other discounts pass it by this board I love getting discounts... I bought my STS's last week mini magnets for under 60 bucks whic i thought it was cheap>>>>with 30% discount yeahhhh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards