Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Hawaii Honeymoon

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are getting married in June and are leaving the Monday after our wedding for Hawaii.  One of our groomsmen and my fiance's best friends is getting married the week before us and they are just beginning to plan their honeymoon. A few months ago my fiance and I told him we were going to Hawaii when he asked us. He made a comment like "geez, I wish I could afford that".  Well, now he is planning his honeymoon and is planning to go to Hawaii the same time as us! He keeps asking us what hotels what islands we're going to and all the activities we have planned.  We haven't given him any information yet, but I'm so upset!

I don't want to spend my honeymoon with another couple.  The only person I want to know on my honeymoon is my fiance.

Would it be ok to politiely say to him that we just want to be alone on our honeymoon?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hawaii Honeymoon

• Options
    YIKES!  We're going to Hawaii in June too and I would definitely NOT be ok with FI's best friend and his wife tagging along-that's just weird!  I'd have your FI say something to him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_hawaii-honeymoon-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:f8c165fb-269d-4a9d-813c-79a3b04afa4cPost:ef085f8c-8c28-44da-8bf3-66991ea5e57b">Re: Hawaii Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I shouldnt say anything about that groomsman b/c I dont know him or the tightness of a friendship that he has w/ your Fi....but gees what a DORK!!!  And what does HIS FI think about the twin HM? Does she even know what he's doing...worse yet is she okay with it? Lol (sorry)  Its your FI's pal, so i suggest your FI talk w/ him. Even if its a quick, "hey bud I love you but not that much" (lol) or "we're not sure what our HM plans are, so dont count on us...make YOUR OWN plans WITHOUT US".   Sometimes certain topics are best nipped straight in the bud to save yourself the stress and frustration & agony.  If the guy is "normal" it might not even be a big deal after your Fi talks w/ him.     We are having a destination wedding & some of my guests told me they wanted to turn the trip into their vacation. great! However, I told them from the get-go, if you want to make this trip into your "vacation" then schedule your stay BEFORE we arrive for the wedding b/c afterwards its just us on our HM. They all said, of course!  good luck sweetie...
    Posted by Blusieme[/QUOTE]

To each their own. We had a DW too, but I would have felt mortifingly selfish telling my guests I wasn't going to see them after they'd spent all that money to come to <strong>my</strong> wedding.

As for OP, just tell the groomsman flat out that you're planning on keeping it just the two of you, but you're happy to make share your resources so he can do his own research.
  • Options
    Gees Keasha my wedding lasts 4 days long. its not like I have guests arrive for a 20 minute ceremony then ship them off to the airport w/ their crab cake in hand. Lol. Its just family so it worked for everyone. there is no shame in a non issue.   

have a good evening everyone... :-) 

• Options
    You'd be surprised how many beebee DW brides think they can tell their guests when they can take their vacations. Drives me nuts. It's one thing to say you're unavailable, it's another to kick them off the island/resort/etc, you know? One is a totally resonable request, the other is totally bridezilla (think: "this island isn't big enough for the both of us"). If you're doing the former, great! As for the latter, well, those kinds of brides usually hear about their guests' embitteredness after the fact. 
  • Options
    Thank you all!  We are going to talk to him about it, and hopefully he is ok with it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards