Honeymoon Discussions

How to make a decision...

Please help! My fianc and I cannot agree on a place to honeymoon. I am flexible about location as long as it is at a hotel preferably allinclusive. My reasoning is that if we are going out of the country to an unfamiliar place, a hotel would provide more security. However, he wants to rent an apartment for a week on an island. We would have to cook all of our own meals and arrange all activities. Not to mention that the place is rundown with a small shower. Please help us! We are about five months out from the wedding and need to make a decision.

Re: How to make a decision...

• If you stay at an all inclusive, it doesnt mean that you have to eat every single meal at the hotel. Try looking at resorts at are close to a town. Maybe your fi would be more agreeably if he knew he wasnt going to be to trapped at a hotel for 7 days. Look at Cancun, Puerto Rico, DR, Cabo etc
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with Kat. I would honestly tell him that unless he plans on cooking every single meal for you it isn't happening. The nice thing about All Inclusives is if you want to stay there you can, if you want to wander around the town or city you can too. We stayed about 5 minutes down the strip from Playa Del Carmen Mexico and it was amazing. We could walk to a bar if we wanted or eat at the resort. It was great!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_how-to-make-a-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:f8febdbe-0f0e-4025-9689-9efca8656df6Post:716b9230-cb16-4425-8013-38634347eb8e">Re: How to make a decision...</a>:
    [QUOTE]How long is your trip? Can you go someplace where you can stay on a resort for half and rent a house or condo for the other half? Marriage is about compromise, and I'm sure the two of you can find an agreeable one.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

This.  Originally, we wanted to go to Italy, and the plan was to stay in hotels for a couple cities, then an apartment for Rome.  We wanted that nice hotel experience for part of it, but then a few nights in an apartment where we could be completely private, cook together, etc.

You might be able to strike a balance.  If not, try to find a hotel with some privacy and with some other dining options nearby.  There are other options besides all-inclusive resorts and apartments.

SaveSave
  • your reasoning for an AI is wrong. you stay there so you dont have to pay for things on the resort. nothign more/nothing less.

if you dont want to stay where he wants to stay and vice versa keep looking. find something in the middle. why he's even considering a run down place (who cares about small shower) is beyond me.  and is he ok with cooking everything? you dont have to you know-you can go out to eat and just have snacks at the house.

where is this house he wants to rent?

• Sounds like a compromise is in need.

So ths apartment he's looking at is rundown? What if you found a better place to rent? That way you get to stay somewhere nice and he still gets to cook for you. And yes, if this is so important to him, I think it's fair to have him cook for you!

Take a look through AirBnb to see if you can find any nicer apartments/homes to rent. There are some really excellent places on there! After you start your search, make sure you filter it so you only see Full Homes/Apts.

Message me if you have trouble.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards