Florida-South Florida
Options

For those living with their FI or DH....

Do you girls have tvs in the bedroom?? We spend a lot of time watching tv and we only got to the bedroom when we're literally about to go to bed or for some loving. =) I think we should enjoy the bedroom more and was thinking of getting one for the room. =)

Re: For those living with their FI or DH....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we do. we watch food network or some other mutually enjoyable show before bed. It's nice too b/c occasionally I want to watch my girly show or movie when his show is on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We do have a TV in the bedroom and I would definitely suggest it!It's nice because we usually move to the bedroom about an hour before we're actually going to sleep and watch shows together in there. Food Network is our typical pre-bedtime bedroom channel lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No!  This was a big no in my book.  He wanted to get a huge LCD, I told him the bedroom should be our sanctuary.  Nothing in there but a bed, night tables, table lamps, alarm clock, bench, and soon, a dresser.  I love it that way.  Our bedroom does feel like a getaway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lissette... you dont even know. a few months ago todd came home with a flat screen 50 inch tv that is plastered on the wall about our dresser. I was PISSED at first, like i started a huge fight. Now, i regret ever getting mad..its the best thing ever. i lay in bed, and stare at the wall which is now taken over by a tv lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    above*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should also point out that we already own two TVs, one in the living room and one in the office.
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ana, I felt the same. We have a TV in the 2nd room so I can watch shows there when he's watching Monday Night Football. But, honestly since we're such tv junkies it would be a better place to snuggle; the sofa isn't the same.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BUT, i might not be the best person to ask. Jordyn already has a 25 inch flat screen on her wall LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We do have one. At first it was a bone of contention as I did not want one in our room because I felt like that should be a place for us to just...well not be watching tv....lol. I gave in and it really is nice. We watch movies in there in bed and tv sometimes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh man.. food network is lethal at bedtime!! We have a tv in the bedroom... I've always grown up with one in my room so it's weird not to have one. It's great when you're home sick or don't feel like watching what someone else is watching.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lissette, if you put it that way, it does sound a little tempting. LOLBut our sofa is comfy and roomy.  Add a throw and it's perfect.  I just can't give up the zen feeling of our bedroom.  He's come to love it and now realized why I didn't want a TV in there.
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    edited December 2011
    Amy shut up! Jordyn has one too?!?! LOL. I guess it's nice for the people in there taking care of her.
  • Options
    RhiannonBRhiannonB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've got a TV in our room; it's actually the one with the Tivo hooked up to it so we probably watch TV more in there sometimes!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a TV, but growing up there was a TV in every single room.  As a baby I always had to go to sleep with the TV on and sorta loud.  I can't really go to sleep if its quiet.  Its weird!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we do. Mainly because we have two DVR's and Fi usually hogs the 52in flat screen downstairs with ESPN and other sport related stuff. But we both like to lay in bed and watch HGTV or Househusbands. So I love having a tv in the bedroom:) Even though the tv enjoys us more nights than vice versa.
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes we do! We have the DVR in there as well. We have opposite schedules so it's great coming home at night at 11:30 and we get to watch our shows together before he falls asleep. If we didn't watch tv, he would just pass out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes... we do! DH can't fall asleep without watching TV before bed... and I've totally become like that through the years also. Besides, it's nice for us to just cuddle in bed and watch tv before we go to sleep!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I couldnt live without it. Especially with Entourage on so late, it came in handy. All ready to go asleep without having to move after our shows. If someone took that tv away I would die!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have one in our room.  FI likes to chill and unwind in bed and I need the noise.  I cant fall asleep w/o the TV on.  Plus when Joe is gone all night fishing, I like the TV because it drowns out all the weird "house" noises.  LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my co-workers told me that couples that have TVs in their room have 40% less intimate time.  I was actually thinking of not having a TV in the room once we move in together so we could have more us time.
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    edited December 2011
    Interesting. pharmdmiami - I've heard the same, but honestly I don't think it matters where the tv is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we have lived together for 3 years with a tv in our room...never hurt our sex life lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HUGE no no.Our room is for other more important things *wink wink*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we have one, but we never use it. like literally, it could be a giant paper weight. i think it's just because the tiny apartment we're in right now just didn't have room to put it anywhere else. it doesn't make any difference to any aspect of our home lives.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope! When we first moved in together in college, we had one in there for about 1 month.  Going on 3+ years later still no tv...  We weren't sleeping well, we were not using our alone time appropriately ;), and it was causing strain where it didn't need to be. Plus, studies show that it is better to not have any type of electronics like TV, Laptop, etc in the bedroom for quality sleep.  Our bedroom is for loving and sleeping :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes.Sadly, I can't sleep without the TV.I think it's b/c I had a tv in my room as a kid and I got used to falling asleep to it.Drives Matt insane. But I love watching TV in bed. I just wish the DVR was in that room too. I'm such a lazy butt!
  • Options
    girllennongirllennon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a small 13" in the bedroom, which is fine 'cause we like to snuggle up and watch TV before we go to sleep.
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i do too but i've had a tv in my room since i was 12. i don't think it interferes with anything......only if you let it :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lissette- I've had one in my room since i was like 12... We've had one in our room since we moved in together 4 yrs ago and it doesn't interfere, it's actually nice when we're sick... Or he doesn't want to watch chick flicks, he goes and plays XBOX in the bedroom.. Or on the weekends if he's still asleep, i'll stay in bed and watch Sex and the City reruns while he sleeps just to be close to him.. it's funny we curl up in bed at night watch reruns on DVD, which we've actually started watching more things together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we do. I've always had a TV in my room. We love it b/c we spend most of our time in our room. We would spend more time in the living room but we live with my brother-in-law and he is forever in the living room. FOR.EVER.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards