Honeymoon Discussions

Why are Sandals flights so expensive?

I've been really wanting to go to St. Lucia and the room and resort itself is very affordable for our budget, but I've noticed that sometimes the flight seems to more than double the price, why is it so expensive?? Is it better to book a flight outside of sandals? has anyone done this before? The total for the room that we are looking at is about 5000 something, but the flight is over 6000!?!!?!

Re: Why are Sandals flights so expensive?

• Amanda1443994Amanda1443994 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Coming from Seattle I can imagine it'd be expensive. But FI and I are going to Sandals Grande in St. Lucia for our HM in July. We didn't book the flights through them though--we booked through Orbitz because they were cheaper and they still gave us the $250 airfare credit. You should look elsewhere online.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • I've always booked the resort through sandals and the flight directly through the airline. I've found it's cheaper that way.
  • We went through a travel agent and our flights were about $1700 for  the 2 of us. Granted we are coming from Florida so it is cheaper but it shouldn't cost as much as you are seeing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_why-are-sandals-flights-so-expensive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:fd858954-7b31-47b3-be5e-6c8208c2b172Post:c742acb6-50c4-49ad-bc35-41078ca5513f">Re: Why are Sandals flights so expensive?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went through a travel agent and our flights were about $1700 for  the 2 of us. Granted we are coming from Florida so it is cheaper but it shouldn't cost as much as you are seeing.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. Our wedding will be in Vegas, the price on Expedia (for AA I believe) to St. Lucia is around $1400.
  • Our first time to The Grande it was 1400 round trip for the 2 of us from Philly. The second time which was this past march it was 1200. Both times I booked directly though American airlines.
  • price the flights on line separately.

• I am the opposite.  I actually got lucky the flight through the airline (US airways) was the same through them as it was through Sandals.  I'm glad I booked when I did...the flights went up 400 bucks since then.  I paid about 1500 for 2 with a direct flight from Philadelphia.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    262 Invited image
    164 Yes image
    38 No image
    60 Are making me drink way too much wine!!! image
  • i found that the flight to st. lucia was much more expensive than the flight to the one in antiga and jamaica
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went with booking the flights separately. Its coming in at around $1300 from New Jersey.
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards