Florida-South Florida
Options

Invitations

Yes its that time for me. I am starting my hunt. My inspiration are Alissa's beautiful invites. So my questions are, how long did you look before you found them? How long did they take to come in once you ordered them? TIA!!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm DIYing so I'm no help...but YAY for invitation timeeee! Paper is my fav part!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My whole process took about 1 month from start to finish. I sent the graphic designer various invitations I liked - she created my invite - she sent me paper samples - I accepted - they were sent to the printer and at my house 3 days later- amazingggggggg!!invitations were so exciting, good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK so you went to a graphic designer as opposed to an invitation dealer? How did you know what paper to choose? I am so unexcited for this part, it seems like so many little steps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok so ... it is sort of a pain in the arse. Invitation dealers may be a bit easier to work with because the invitations are already designed, you just input the words. I went to a few stores and nothing in the books stuck out to me (or were waaaaaay out of my price range). I got an invite in the mail for my friend's wedding and I loved it - so I asked the bride who she used - it ended up being this girl Elizabeth Khan (my savior! hahaha) - anyway, we talked prices and literally for 150 invitations includnig EVERYTHING (printing, assembeling, printing on enevelopes and RSVP envelopes, design time, etc etc etc) it was $520.00. that was HALF of the prices I was finding before. It's a really beautiful double layer heavy cardstock but it's not letterpress. For me, this was the best... if you want her info, let me know!! but if you have an idea of what you want, an invite dealer may be easier??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Court!! Can you send me her info? I dont really want anything too intricate, very simple.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Court, Can you send me the info too... mrodriguez 12 85 at yahoo.com Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JillllllllllllllllyBilly!Is it weird that I've already envisioned your invites in my mind? Please don't think I'm psycho.They're on this site: http://www.chereeberry.com/click stationary, then wedding, then sweeping script.ps. and it's not just cause your name is on them!pps. This was 2nd choice for my invites, so I have a sample of it in letterpress and flat print. I can bring it to the next GTG. The paper feels AMAZING! lemme know!xo,ursula
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Ursula!!! I LOVE that!!! Thanks girl! I just bookmarked it! You have great taste!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AWW THANKS BABE, soooo glad you love them! I will bring it to you tomorrow so you can see it in person. I went all the eff over. Like 8 places. Got a ton of samples online. This and 2 other designs were the ONLY ones that did anything for me. The 2 others were also from Arlene Segal, but a less expensive line. I have pics of those too if you wanna see. They took about 4 weeks or so to come in. Proofing took me 2 weeks as well though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay Jilly you're looking at Invites now!! How fun!I thought Invites would be a really really hard one for us but once I saw the ones we liked, I knew immediately that they were perfect so it turned out to be a quick check. Mine didn't take very long but I had them made custom from a small company so I don't know how that would work for you...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Ursula how did you do that? You're like magical. Those are awesome invites!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!! I appreciate everyones input and I am hoping this will be quick and less painful than I am imagining :)
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jillian, I went to a lady that makes the invitations in her home. No letterpress/thermography, but they are beautiful. She has colors and samples of paper right there for you to touch and see. I loved being able to actually see what the invite would look like before we had to order it. It only takes her a couple of weeks to get them done. She is in Boca Raton. She has books and books of other invitations for you to look at to get an idea. She even printed out a sample with borders for us before we left the first time so we could see the font etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Andra! Is that the lady whose info you sent me? I think I'm going to make an appt with her too.
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Miriam? Probably haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Steph&ByronSteph&Byron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found that mygatsby.com has very very good prices and they have a huge variety of invitations. I got a sample from them and they have great envelopes and paper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards