Florida-South Florida
Options

POLL

H1N1 Vacc.Yes or no?
DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: POLL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No bc i already got the h1n1 LOL So the doc said im "ammune"
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nahh... i guess i'm just lazy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll probably start a debate, but I think the vacc is useless anyway. I've also been doing research to see how much docs are getting paid to push the drug. Silliness.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No. For me it's too new. I want to wait and see.
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope. I feel it was rushed to be made, so there will probably be issues with it and I dont wanna deal with it. Plus I dont wanna end up like that poor woman who got hers and ended up getting dystonia. =(
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    minerva0416minerva0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not for me.. Im with PP i think is to new
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know, I totally though that the majority would say yes.
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope agree with pp.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope! i hate vaccines to begin with
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm not doing it either. i agree with pp about it being too new.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, but the shot one, not the nasal spray (because it contains live virus, to me if they say don't take that one if you are pregnant or elderly, they are saying it isn't as safe). Also, I am mainly doing it for my neices, I spend a lot of time with them, and my newborn neice is too young to get it, I would feel so bad if I got her sick and could have prevented it. This is the first time I got the flu shot for the same reason.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BIG No!We never did flu shots until last year. last year we did one ONLY B/c we were scared of getting really sick on our trip to Europe since I caught the Flu in Rome the year before and I just did NOT want that to happen again. But we both still got sick last year despite having the shot (thankfully not on our trip though) SO... I will say no to flu shots going forward.I believe the vaccinations are what lead to Mutations like H1N1
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenne - I work in an airport. I'm like mega high risk. Four years in contact with snotty nose adults and kids. Never had the flu. And your niece has a high risk of getting YOU sick.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't mind needles, but I mind spending money on a vaccine I might not need. So if it's free, I'll take it.
  • Options
    JaiKriBabyJaiKriBaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope because I'm too close to giving birth and I don't want to have any complications. My hubby had it last week though. I *may* get it after the baby arrives, but I'm not entirely sure.  The jury is still out as to whether it passes through breastmilk, so I'm just not sure I want to do it. We generally do vaccinate for the flu every year, but this one I'm not so sure about.
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be getting it.  I'm severely asthmatic so I am in the small percentage that if I were to get it, it would be very serious.  The regular flu usually lays me up in the hospital for a few days, I dont even want to know what the swine flu would do.  I'm not taking any chances.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Avee - just be careful. From what I've read and heard, more people are getting sick from the vacc vs just being extra causious in their day to day lives. :\ good luck!
  • Options
    RhiannonBRhiannonB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope.  I got a regular flu shot, but the H1N1 is too new for me to trust. I'm not in a high risk group for it, so even if I were to get it I think I'd be okay.
  • Options
    rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no. it's too new. but i dont even get the normal flu shot so i'm no sure i would anyway.
  • Options
    murrc2murrc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope, I agree too new...
    image Cathy & Chris January 30, 2010 image Isabella and Olivia Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea I know the chances are slim, but if getting a shot makes the chances of me giving her H1N1 zero, I will take it. Maybe I am naive, but I really don't think there is a risk in getting the shot. From what I read although it is protecting against a new strain of the flu (H1N1) it is essentially the same vaccine as the regular flu shot. Basically the regular flu shot is "new" each year too because it protects against the new and most likely for you to get flu strains.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually, there is no research that this vaccine will protect anyone. The entire thing has been a form of propaganda. Doctors are most likely getting paid for pushing this "wonder drug" that actually has a higher risk of infecting you (not just talking H1N1 vacc but Flu vac, as well). Personal experience? My little sister got the flu shot last year. She didn't get the flu once, she got it TWICE. This year? She got it again, she was in the hospital last week with pneumonia (which is usually what kills someone that was infected with the flu, not the flu itself). Also, this drug has been made for the flu that infected us LAST year. The flu mutates all the time. Not trying to be a breat, but seriously - do some research on it. And the best way to not infect your niece is yo not go near her when you have a fever... visa versa for when she is ill too. P.s. the clinic trials for children and pregnant women has not been completed yet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards