Florida-South Florida
Options

Do-Over Advice Poll

If you could change 2 things about your wedding planning what would they be...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do-Over Advice Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1) Not involved as many people in my plans... you know what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen 2) Trusted my instincts more
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I would have cut my list by 75 people. I wouldn't have sent save the dates to everyone. Now I CAN'T cut my list and we are at a whopping 276 (two more added yesterday). 2. I would have tried on more wedding dresses - just for fun! I fell in love my 3rd dress in and just bought it. I didn't go to any other stores or look around. I wish I would have at least tried on a princess ballgown just for fun. I want to but I'm scared if I do I may randomly like it more then my gown.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Picked a smaller bridal party2. Perhaps a destination wedding, with an at home reception:)
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We would've eloped.We would've eloped.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) I'm with Court on the dress. I fell in love with like the fourth dress I tried and bought it. I really wish I woulda shopped around me. But I do LOVEEE my dress.2) I wish I would shopped around more for a venue. Like the dress, I fell in love with the third place I went to see, and signed a contract.
  • Options
    Sweetcook82Sweetcook82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I wouldnt have jumped the gun with certain vendors..sometimes I feel buyers remorse. I should have visited more vendors, more reception sites, ect... 2. I would have picked a smaller bridal party..I should have stuck with my instict of only 5 but I made the mistake of listening to my mom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) I'd have never asked my sister-in-law for advice. We're having completely different weddings (from budget to taste), and I feel a bit bad if, for example, on my next dress shopping tour, I don't drop by David's Bridal (where she got her dress).2) I'd have picked my bridal party already, and not wait on girls in Peru to give me an answer. I have my dream bridal party pictured in my head, and I'm sure they won't like it that some of them are not in it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen - dont pick people b/c you are worried they will feel bad. TRUST ME. See my regret #2 hahahha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol Courtney!!! (We would've eloped listed twice)#1-I'd have to agree with Kaila--I wish I would have picked a destination wedding, and then done an at home reception.#2-I wish I wouldn't have jumped the gun on some of my vendors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. There are one of two vendors I may not have booked but ultimately I have very few regrets (right now) about my choices which is really pretty amazing b/c I'm the queen of regrets.2. I may have changed the color of the BM dresses to the silver/pewter color....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol courtney with eloping. i'm still kinda early in planning... so i'm not sure i have too many regrets yet...#1. i wish i loved a cheaper cake, that's for sure. but i love my cake and my vendor, so i guess that comes with the territory. #2. i wish i picked a spring date. as we get closer to november this year, i'm worried about the weather for that time of year. and i'm sure it'll be fine, but ... it's outside. and i don't want it to be sticky out. or freezing. and those are my only two fall weather options.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, this kind of makes me happy that I am taking forever with my venue choice, because I want to make sure I knew of every possibility! Thanks girls!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  I wish his family wasn't so big lol.  I truly wanted a wedding with like 50 people and now the guest list is at 154. 2.  I wish I didn't have commitment phobia and have to see a million vendors and ideas before deciding on anything. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Courtney! I tried to get FI to elope a million times and he keps saying no. 1. Not worry so much about all the small stuff!2. Not make snap decisions. I bought the 3rd dress I tried on and picked all my vendors so quickly because I was more concerned with having CHECKS than finding the right vendors. I'm happy with everyone I've picked, but I just wish I wouldn't have jumped the gun so often. That being said, I am so proud of myself to switching photographers. I switched right before signing a contract and it's the best decision I've made yet. I feel so comfortable and confident with Stephanie.
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I wish I would have done a destination wedding in NY.2. I wish I would have shopped around for certain vendors. Not settling on one b/c I loved their work and then finding others I loved and feeling regret. But in the end I know it will work out. I always 2nd guess myself.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. that i would have shopped around for more venues...there are much better deals now than when i booked. 2. decided on a smaller more intimate wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so nervous about having regrets but that's why I take so long to make decisions. I take forever and then it's too late.Right now, I don't have any but my wedding is in April so I have 5 months left.1. I am actually proud of myself. I wish I would dedicate more time to doing DIY stuff. 2. I am actually happy that I have tried on a billion dresses and filtered through every possible venue in existence in So. Fl to find my beautiful gem
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1- would have picked a different MOH2- would have only hired a DOC instead of full wedding planner 3- would have shopped around more for florists4- would have lost the weight already!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I regret booking at the Biltmore only because they are so restrictive on their vendor list, which has made some tasks difficult in terms of budget. (However, I keep reminding myself that I got a great deal)2. I regret not booking Gloria Pelo thinking I had time.  That's the only vendor I wanted that was booked.There's still almost a year and I'm sure I'll have more regrets. As long as I don't regret getting married, it'll all be good
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I would've flown my mom up to go dress shopping since that was a horrible experience.2. I would not have bought some things without thinking. I rush into things sometimes.
  • Options
    minerva0416minerva0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I would have look at more than 2 venues at the beginning, i booked one on the spot hate it later , losing my deposit and now im in love with the one that i have, Grove isle.2.  asking for my mom for advice and she's always thinking about " WHAT PEOPLE WILL THINK" instead of do what you want ARRRGG.,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Not inviting certain people.  Inviting people that mean a lot to FI and me, whether together or separately.  Our guest list wasn't big to begin with (120-125), but there are a several guests that were invited only because FMIL thought they should be invited.  We also thought they were close family friends.  Turns out they are not, they talk twice a year.  I'm still upset over that because both FI and I never cared to see them at the wedding to begin with. 2.  I don't know if I have a second regret yet.  I can't think of anything that really bothers me.
  • Options
    Sweetcook82Sweetcook82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow Im glad Im not the only one that second guesses myself about vendors. Its really only one in particular for me but I know in the end I will be happy..I just really wish I would have shopped around more. I actually LOVE my venue and it was where I always wanted my wedding to be but I could have shopped around a little more in that area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1 - Although I'm really happy with our venues, I kind of wish we could've just flown to Puerto Rico or Antigua or something and gotten married there with our closest family... maybe 30 people tops. Everything just adds up! Imagine all the things you can do with the $$ you spend on just one night! Eghhh!!! 2 - Chosen a smaller bridal party. I love each and every one of them, but once you add up BM gift, flower arraignments, etc.. it adds up big time.
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is actually hard for me.  Let's see...1. I think I would've met with more photographers. Although, I'm really happy with mine (eventhough I vented the other day; vented =)) Turns out some popular ones are not as great of an experience. 2. Saved more money... I hated that I was still thinking of money the day of the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisette, Can you share anything you've heard about the more popular photogs? I wonder who's not up to par
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. definitely shopped around for a dress more.2.  picked the colors I originally wanted, instead of going with ones that were easier to match. (I wanted lavenders and purples because purple is my favorite color, but I thought it would be too hard to find stuff to match, so I just went with red)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. i would change 2 vendors. one, i asked to be a vendor prior to coming to the knot and the other i am using because i did not originally budget for it. 2. I would try not to be so concerned about the little things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops! i just realized i was only supposed to say 2 things i regrets...thowwyyyy :(
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I only have a MOH, would have liked to had have 2 bridesmaids.2. buying things to quickly... some things I really dont need now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards