Florida-South Florida
Options

WWYD?

So, I'm listening to the radio this morning (Wild 95.5) on my way to work. They were talking about someone who sent in an email about a wedding on Halloween. Apparently this person was invited to her cousins Halloween wedding. Her children were also invited. However, the children didn't want to go to the wedding because they wanted to go trick-or-treating. Mind you, the children are 11 & 13. Basically all three hosts said they would ditch the wedding because spending Halloween with your children is making memories and a wedding isn't as important. For the first time ever I lost ALL respect for that show. Usually they are pretty right on their their advice. This time, I wanted to call in and say, "REALLY?" We all know that our weddings are never as important to others as they are to us, but personally, I'd tell my kids to suck it up, they have been trick or treating every year they've been alive and that this is a family function. You'll make fabulous memories at this wedding. Grr. It just irked me the wrong way. Halloween comes around oh, I don't know... every 365 days or so. A wedding is once in a life time. IMO. What would you do?
DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: WWYD?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    weirdos. I agree with you babe!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    11 and 13? they are a tad too old for trick or treating in my opinion. I'd vote go to the wedding. it's halloween not christmas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's setting a bad example. I get spending this with your kids, but like Lis aid, this isn't a high holiday. It's freaking HALLOWEEN! Basically you are saying to your child, put what you want to do first. The other people will deal. No. I want to set an example for my children that says this is a wedding with FAMILY. It would be right for me to go and spend time with them and REALLY make memories. Ugh. Sorry I'm just so put off by it.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really? WOW...at 13 don't you want to go trick or treating with your friends, and not your parents?? I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when they told the couple they couldn't attend their wedding b/c they wanted to go trick or treating, ha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with you, Tess...I think that's INSANE! Is that Kevin and Virginia and Jay? I usually like them, too, but that's just wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At 11 & 13 those kids should stfu and go to the wedding. If I were their mum I'd force them to go, the sound like spoiled brats. Family is family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that is ridiculous! Def would make my kids go to the wedding. I think 13 is getting too old for trick or treating anyways. I agree with you totally
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's ridiculous!!! i totally agree with you, Tess... you should have called the show!!! lol
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could totally do something with your kids Halloween related before hand. The 11 and 13 year old probably don't want you around anyway for trick or treating. I'd leave the kids and go to the wedding.
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just want to add... 11 and 13 don't understand the real meaning of a wedding and if it's not for family I wouldn't bring them. What benefit to the couple would they have seeing grumpy kids there?But My DH and I would definitely go.Although, I really dislike weddings on a holiday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah Sara it was. Virginia was talking about her daughter who is 4 and how she'd pick trick or treating with her over her cousins wedding any day. Really? I don't even remember trick or treating at 4 years old...
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tess, I totally agree with you. I would tell my kids that we are going, and that if they don't like it then oh well, or if they wanted to go to a friends house and spend it with them they could and I would go to the wedding. It would fun too, especially if its a dressed up event then the kids can dress up. I would assume the bride and groom would have something fun for the kids and halloween. Weddings are once in a lifetime and halloween does come around every year.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards