Florida-South Florida
Options

When did your bridesmaids order their dresses?

I am a little less than 7 months away and none of my girls other than my sister have even gone to try on their dresses let alone order them.I am starting to get a little annoyed.  They all live in different states so obviously cant help me out with the planning, and all I've asked of them is to go try on the dress.  Yet they havent done it.I was thinking of sending them a friendly email reminding them.  Or would this be too bridezillaish of me?  Maybe I should give them more time?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did your bridesmaids order their dresses?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are date twins!! My girls have not ordered their dresses yet, but we will be ordering them on December 1st. They can take up to 4 months to come in sometimes.
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent out the email for the girls to get measured in July (our wedding is in April). Two of them did it right away and the others I had to start saying "OK, we're at the 6 month mark, lets go." One still hasnt gone yet...grrrrrr. My point is, give it until 2 weeks before your 6 month mark and send out a nice email saying "We're 2 weeks away from 6 months to go. Just want to remind you girls it can take up to 4 months for the dresses to come in and remember alterations." Hopefully that will light a fire.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the club! And no, if you decide to send out an email it's not bridezillaish at all!  Most dresses take about 4 months to come in, so I would suggest giving your girls an absolute latest deadline of ordering of maybe five months before the wedding to be on the safe side, not to mention alterations can take a few weeks.  I wound up putting my girl's dresses on my credit card and let them pay me back b/c I knew if I left it up to them to order, who knows when they would get around to doing it.  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all the ladies!! All of the girls ordered about 7 months out and they took about 1 month to come in (Davids Bridal) - but I kept on top of everyone. For the Philly girls, I coordinated a day for us all to go together. For my OOT girls, I would periodically ask about it until they went ;) they know I'm a planner so they expected it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok, I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks for the 6 month mark and then send them an email "reminding" them to go get fitted. Thanks!
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it is, I told my girls they need to order their dresses by December because its a spring 09 dress and I didn't want to lose out on this dress for them. Some of them already got theirs and I gave a deadline b/c just incase in was discontinued its not fair for 2 to have gone out and get it early then the other 3 to wait. So I would let them know and ask them if they got it or anything like that. HTH.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!! I'm SO late. I'm 5.5 months away and I haven't even chosen the dresses :(What is wrong with me?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm 2 months away and now more or less everyone has ordered it recently in these past 2 weeks i'm just missing 2 girls give a good 2 months before the wedding and u will be fine
  • Options
    Sweetcook82Sweetcook82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went bridezilla and sent emails...first showing them the dress and telling them i was searching for the right price...then once i got the color swatch and was sure of the dress I emailed them about 2 more times...I got their measurements from them in about a week. I ordered the dresses last month and my wedding is in April. They should be here by the end of december early january.
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I sent them an email once we decided on the dress.  I sent them the picture of the dress and told them the price and style number.  I let them know that DAvid's Bridal had all their names in the system and if they could please go and try it on to make sure they all liked it. That was back in early September, they all replied saying they would go check it out "this weekend" yeah right, here we are 2 months later and still nothing.
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a week before you and all the girls have their dresses now. I got worried because it took almost 5 months for me to get my moh dress from AA a couple of years ago for a wedding. I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time for returns and what not if need be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards