Ohio-Cleveland

Need recs for restuarants downton

My FI and I are coming to Cleveland for the weekend in July, and I was looking for recommendations of some great, local restaurants downtown. We are staying near Progressive Field, if that helps at all. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need recs for restuarants downton

• jdkovacsjdkovacs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should head over to E. 4th St. There is a great variety there of local cuisine, from Michael Symon's Lola to the Greenhouse Tavern, which has won a ton of best new restaurant awards. Also right there is Zocala, a mexican restaurant with great margaritas ... Chocolate Bar is on Euclid with a menu based solely on creative uses of chocolate. Cleveland also has a good handful of awesome steak places ... from Morton's to XO to Chophouse, you really can't go wrong. Also on the upscale end is Blue Point, a seafood restaurant on St. Clair. A good tool for the non-chain types is www.clevelandindependents.com.

Have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    If you're a foodie - or looking for atmosphere, check these places out:

Bar Cento
    Market Avenue Wine Bar
    Southside
    Parallax (amazing sushi)
    Momocho's
    Flying Fig
    Farenheit

Anything in Ohio City or Tremont - and you'll be happy! (close cab ride from Downtown Cleve.)

Good luck! If you're looking for fun stuff to do - write back!
  • edited December 2011
    La Strada on East 4th next to Lola is really good, and a lot cheaper than Lola. It's Mediterranean though. So think scallops, mussels, swordfish, kabobs, etc. I've heard the new restaurant Zinc is very good as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards