Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Response cards

I having a reception with kids invited. To help cut costs, I have decided to do a kids buffet along with the adult buffet. How would I do the wording in the response cards to figure out if their child would eat from the kids buffet?

Re: Response cards

• Options
    edited December 2011
    X____________________
          Adult Buffet

X____________________
          Kids Buffet
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since its buffet, I dont think you need to have them specify if they will eat from the buffet  as long as the venue is charging you a Kid rate vs an adult rate. Just have them RSVP if they are attending and assume anyone over 2 yrs old should be counted as a Kids meal when  it comes to head counts for catering.  The head count for catering goes further than just amount of food - it tells them amount of linens, chairs, place settings etc. 
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with ayamm1123. No need to have them specify on the rsvp card. It's all about how the venue structures pricing. If you are concerned about the menu itself being non-kid-friendly (i.e. lots of gourmet items), consider adding a couple of basics that the kids would eat -- a pasta dish, for example (which might double as your vegetarian option), and a side item that would be more universal (for kids or picky eaters) such as mixed veggies that would also work with your main dishes.

We had a reception that included kids and I didn't have a separate buffet for them. Our menu included (IIRC): roast beef, lemon chicken, California mix veggies, some type of potato (roasted redskin I think?), fettucine alfredo, salad, rolls.

I forget what the age range was for 'kids rate' at our venue, but ask at yours what that means. It may mean ages 2-10 or 5-12 or whatever they decide.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP, eliminate "buffet" from the wording on the RSVP card. Simply have guests put number of adult guests and number of children that are attending. Before making the RSVP card, ask your venue about special pricing for guests, based on age...there may be 2 or 3 age groupings and you want that info. before making the RSVP cards.

For example, at my wedding, adults (21+ yrs) were $69.95, teens (13-21 yrs) were $49.95 and kids (12 and under) were $9.95. Babies/infants were free since they weren't eating. My RSVP card had guests put how many adults, kids and teens were attending.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards