Florida-South Florida
Options

Milk and cookie bar

Like Court, I want to do this for my FI. So my venue isn't allowing me to bring in my own cookies- they want to provide them at an outrageous price, but oh well. How many cookies would you order for about 75 people? Court - are you bringing your own? How many? Ladies, are your venues requiring every bit of food to be provided by them?

Re: Milk and cookie bar

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue is actually allowing me to bring in some of my own food for things like this. I am bringing in my own espresso maker even though the hotel provides it as well at 4 times the price. I am not sure about how many cookies...maybe 2 per person?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    uhhhhh. the knot is sucking for me right now!! it's taking me forever to post!!!   anywho--I'm bringing in my own cookies and milk - I'm probably going to use Milk Chuggs and replace the label with stickers. I think I'm going to place 3 cookies in baggies (not sure yet? need to discuss with Letty) but I'm doing soft batch chocolate chip and oreos!! FI's favorite! ;) no gourmet cookies for this bride, hahaha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got an email from my venue. They refuse to let me bring cookies. But they don't have a problem with providing them for $13/pp! WTF?!?
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep!! My venue said they would provide them at a bargain of $39.00 per DOZEN! If each person ate 2 cookies (which is a POS)... that would be $500 for some damn cookies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOWOWOWOWOWOW!   The prize is CRAZY! They are FREAKING cookies! WTF?
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no you girls are scaring me... I haven't talked to the venue yet (they don't seem to want to talk to me until next year). They better let me. I am planning to pitch it as a favor, like a candy buffet. I will be so sad if I don't get to have cookies and milk!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what do you mean by that (pitch it as a favor)?Will you convince them that you'll put them in baggies for the guests to take home?
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea that's the plan. I mean I want people to eat some there and take some home. I haven't decided on if I am going to have bags or boxes, but I will definitely provide one. But I do still want milk to go with them that might be a bit tough, although maybe I will just say I want milk served with the cake if they give me any difficulties. I guess I should just ask them so I can stop worrying, but I really don't like talking to the people at my venue they aren't very friendly :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards