Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Mini-moon ideas in NE Ohio

Hi Cleveland Knotties,

My fiance and I are interested in a 2-3 night mini-moon in NE Ohio in May. I'd love to hear your suggestions about places to stay. Preferaby cabins or bed & breakfasts, but open to all ideas.

TIA, Marci (Columbus Area Knottie)

Re: Mini-moon ideas in NE Ohio

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let's see... if you want something right near Cleveland, check out Baricelli Inn or Glidden House, both just east of main downtown area. Both have awesome restaurants either on-site or right next door and both are near the artsy side of town (Severance Hall for orchestra concerts, art museum, Crawford auto/aviation museum).

There's Emerald Necklace Inn, located in Rocky River (west of downtown) right near the Clevelnd Metroparks -- great if you are into outdoorsy pursuits, but within 20 min to downtown.

More off the beaten path, there's Brandywine Inn, near the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. It's in more of a rural type setting, but near small cute towns (Peninsula, Hudson, etc.).

Way west of downtown Cleveland, closer to Vermilion (lakeside town), is 5 Corners B&B in Amherst. While Amherst is small and walkable with a few good restaurants, you'll want to make the 10-15 min drive to Vermilion to check out the town. Also in Vermilion is Chez Francois, an amazing French restaurant on the lake. DH and I stayed at 5 Corners and had dinner at Chez Francois for our anniversary a couple years ago. Loved it!

In Loudonville, near Mohican, is Landoll's Mohican Castle, a sort of B&B that's larger -- like a guesthouse with multiple units. I've not stayed there, but their restaurant is very good. It's near Mohican State Park as well as downtown Loudonville which is cute and walkable. If you are into canoeing, there are plenty of liveries in the area that can hook you up. I've done a couple of those trips and they are fun.

I guess it depends what kind of vacation you have in mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards