Florida-South Florida
Options

N(really)WR - Publix deli platters

whoa mama.... since when did you need a second job to pay for party food!!!! I just placed the order for my shower.... ouch..... next time I'm definitely going to get the food somewhere else (too bad they do such a good job!) any suggestions for the next time I want to do this? 
image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: N(really)WR - Publix deli platters

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmm, Toojay's? lol. I know the Cheesecake Factory also does catering, I'm not sure about prices. How many other places did you go to?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just looking for deli platters since my shower is at a park and with a lot of kids.  I didnt want to do hot food really.  I got a platter of finger sandwiches, a platter of subs, a fruit salad, chicken fingers, a platter of deli salads, deviled eggs and spinach dip.  It's all going to be great and there will be plenty of food because we are bringing hot dogs, chips, dips, drinks, cake etc.  I just remember Publix being reasonably priced and was a little taken back by the grand finale total!! But now that I write it down it seems like a lot of food~ My FI has branded this "the most expensive cheap wedding shower in history"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL @ what FI said!

Imma crash your shower for the food :P
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL @ FI. thats something my FI would totally say...yeah publix is so expensive.  I can't think of any alternatives off the top of my head. Ill have some though lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Did you try Costco.  I love the platters.

geri...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I second costco. I had Publix cheese platters at my e-party and I was also taken back at how expensive it all came out to be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didnt even think of costco.... and I'm getting my chips and soda there.... oh well damage done! 

Jen - you are soooo invited to crash the shower... as a matter of fact everyone is!! I'll put up a post or something! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards