Ohio-Cleveland

Alchohol at the wedding?... HELP!

The question of whether or not alcohol will be at the wedding is causing huge problems between the two families. one wants it, another refuses to have it. Does anyone know anything about having sobriety check at the wedding to ensure that people dont drive drunk? Or any other suggestions? Anything is welcome! Help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alchohol at the wedding?... HELP!

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aside from providing transportation for guests from the hotel(s) to/from the reception and/or having cab company phone numbers handy for locals who have a few too many, I'm not sure what else you can really do, if you decide to serve alcohol AND you expect people to really get out of hand. I don't know what kind of crowd will be attending your party. Perhaps you can contact the local police dept of the city where your reception will be held for ideas? Good luck! That's a sticky situation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • soontobemrs2soontobemrs2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to both types of weddings. Most people prefer and expect alcohol at a wedding. Maybe you can compromise and do just beer and wine, no hard liquor?
  • PolarBearFansPolarBearFans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it. we have a rooms blocked off at a hotel across the street from the reception. if people want to drink, they should be responsible and book  a room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards