Florida-South Florida
Options

Last Post!!! (novel)

I wrote this in word and pasted it so sorry about the weird formatting.

Ok ladies its that time! I am off to Miami tomorrow to start my wedding weekend!
I can not believe it is my time to write my last post as a Miss!!! Which I never thought I would actually do. I came to this board not even thinking about the wonderful people on it. I thought I would get some vendor info and that was it. (who gets hooked on the knot and online people?) Well… lol I got hooked.  I wish I could have gone to some GTG’s but they were either too far from me or I wasn’t in town. L I would have loved to meet you lovely ladies in person. 

Sad but true:Told time and time again: Be careful who you ask to be in your bridal party. Even though you have been best friends with someone since you were little doesn’t mean they will be eager to be a part of your wedding. In fact most of the time they aren’t or they may be but don’t know how to express it and be “happy” or helpful. I realized it is better to a bridezilla than laid back. Delegate tasks and don’t give them too many options because they won’t know what to do and just stress you out. (or that could just be my bridal party)

Don’t try on too many dress, you will get confused! I never had that “wow” bridal moment, but still love my dress. Once you buy your dress stop shopping! I tried so hard to stop watching Say Yes to the Dress but I love it and it made me rethink my dress every time I saw it. I think only because I wanted to go and try on a million more.

Don’t share too many details with people. You want some things to be a surprise. Don’t share things with people that are negative or question your every decision. It will make you rethink yourself and drive you crazy. (my mom)

If you get bad vibes from a vendor don’t use them!

Don’t sweat the small stuff. No one will remember if you had a program, favors what color your flowers are etc. If you can’t have your favorite flower, get something close. It is not important.

Definitely start planning as early as you can.

Start DIY stuff early as long as it won’t get ruined in storage.

Pay off things as early as you can!

And the ceremony is about you and your FI, the reception is for everyone else! Lol if you remember that you’re  golden.

Ok enough from me! I tried to reply to as many posts as I could to help other knotties. You ladies have been so helpful and wonderful to me! Most of you are so close and I can’t wait to read about your day and see pics. Good luck to everyone in all the planning and the whole process, use theknot as your diary/best friend/therapist and know whatever you say won’t be repeated to others. (that know you anyway!)

I will be back to post reviews of my vendors. I have to work the 3 days in between the wedding and Honeymoon L So hopefully I will have time then.     

Re: Last Post!!! (novel)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ahhh how exciting!

Your day will be beautiful and I can't wait to see pics... especially of you in your beautiful dress!

Thank you for all the pointers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really don't want you to go! But I want you to get married because your wedding will be fabulous!! You have been such an amazing DIY inspiration to me!! Enjoy your day! Soak up every minute of happiness! Can't wait to read all about it and see your beautiful pictures!
  • Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!! Have lots of fun at your wedding. I can't wait to hear back on how everything was.

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    LindsA90410LindsA90410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay! I hope you have a wonderful wedding!! Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about it! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh & I wanna see pics of you rocking your shoes!!! lol LOVE THOSE!

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    plswitzeplswitze member
    edited December 2011
    congratulations and i hope you have an amazing wedding wknd. Enjoy every minute of it!!! best of luck! Thanks for the pointers :)
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What great advise!  I can't wait to see pics.  Enjoy your day. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Have an amazing wedding weekend! Enjoy every minute of it! Thanks for the pointers!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Laura-- I'm going to miss you!! You're a DIY queen and I've always enjoyed chatting with you!

You give some great advice-- thanks! I hope you have an AMAZING wedding celebration and it's exactly what you dreamed of!

Can't wait til you're back as a MRS with reviews and pics!!!

Much knottie love coming your way!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    JudeG20JudeG20 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice. I hope your wedding day is wonderful!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!! Of course I will be back :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww we're going to miss you on here!! Have a great time this weekend! Can't wait to hear how it all went!
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    edited December 2011

Crazy how fast time catches up.  Hope you enjoy every moment.  Looking forward to reviews.  Congrats!

• Options
    abellabell member
    edited December 2011
    Laura...wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!  Can't wait to see your pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Laura, congrats!! I can't believe time has gone by so quickly!! Thank you for all the advice and I hope you enjoy every second of your day! Everything will be perfect :) Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Oh and many vibes your way for amazing weather! xo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had to jump on real quick. Good luck Laura! I hope you have a fantastic day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all your wonderful advice!! I hope your day is beautiful and that you enjoy every second of it :) Can't wait to see pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really hope that you have a blessed day!  Great weather, and love to flowing your way. Enjoy your day!
  • Options
    Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great tips!! I hope everything goes amazing on your wedding day!! Looking forward to hearing all about it and to hopefully see some pictures too :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards