Florida-South Florida
Options

DJ Opinions please..

Hey ladies..

I'm a little stressed out.  I got a quote for $2900 for a DJ, MC, and two musicians (like a sax or conga player or guitarist) to play along with the DJ for the entire night.  I have seen this particular MC and DJ in action and I LOVED them but I just feel like that is so much money. The entertainment at the wedding reception is really important for my FI and I- we want a really good party- but I am just not sure if this is way too much or if these are the prices everyone else is looking at more or less.  I am still on the hunt, so if you can recommend anyone that would be great.  

TIA, girls.

Re: DJ Opinions please..

• Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I booked with Elite Entertainment in Boca Raton. 

We have a harpist for the ceremony, saxaphone for the cocktail hour and DJ for the reception...

Our price was under $1300 for everything.

www.eliteentertainment.us

Our DJ is Shamar...he is awesome. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Liquid DJs, they are really nice and a lot of people that have used them have really good things to say. They might be able to help you with recommending someone for the other part of you want. Also maybe try to look into the brazilian dancers? I called RITMO and gave this quote:
    3 dancers, 2 drummers $1250 (half hour interactive show)
    I don't know what you are looking for but I think is a lot of fun ;)

Good Luck!
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Shannon from Liquid DJs and he was AWESOME! Kept the party going all night. He also kept checking in with us to make sure we were alright and whether we wanted anything done etc. I totally recommend him, and he was under $700 for 5 hours back when we booked.  We didn't book additional entertainment because we didn't think it was needed so unfortunately I can't help with that, but I'm sure Shannon can help you find some.

BTW - Shannon was also the MC and he was perfect for that.
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also had Shannon from Liquid DJs, he is beyond awesome.  He knows how to work the party, for sure.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if they provide additional entertainment, but I am using Vision DJS and am extremely happy so far. They are extremely professional and have reasonable prices.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Shannon from Liquid DJs, although his prices are over $700 for 5 hours now. 
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im using Vision DJ's and have been happy so far with them too and their rates are pretty good
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Secret619Secret619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to look into it. :)
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I meet with Visions DJs on Sat. I can let you know! =)
  • Options
    Secret619Secret619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would be awesome! :)  I have my E Encounter on the weekend so that is kind of putting a damper on my appointments lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with DJ Ubi for 5 hours and he was under $600. I'm not sure about other musicians, but I'm using Master Musicians for the cocktail hour & they seemed reasonably priced.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    henrygomes24henrygomes24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use Freddy from www.danceallnightdjs.com an he does have additional bands that he can find out for you. He is very experienced and fitted my budget. Give him a call.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards