Florida-South Florida
Options

Vendor Reviews! First post as a MRS.

Hey All,

I'm just settling into to reality after and whirlwind wedding weekend! It rained for morning of my wedding completely stressing me out but the weather turned gorgeous in the afternoon for the ceremony with the sun shining and a cool 79 degrees. I think the weather gods were on my side. Here are some of my vendors and their reviews to help you with your wedding planning. And just as a reference for brides, I had an outdoor wedding with a budget of 4K.

Venue: Matheson Hammock Park, B+
I love, love, love Matheson Hammock Park. The picnic shelter we were married at is beautiful and lovely but if there is rain there's no indoor shelter nearby. So if you can't deal with a little rain on your wedding day then choose another venue. But if you want something very, very budget friendly in a beautiful outdoor setting with a bit of risk go with Matheson.

Cater: Havey's Smokehouse BBQ, A+
Harvey's had some of the best customer service I have experience I have throughout this whole wedding process. They are owned by a lovely couple that went above and beyond for us. They included a wonderful sample tasting for us and we're so sweet. The food was amazing! Everyone loved the BBQ and it was affordable.

Photographer: Minera Photography, A (pending photos)
I hate taking pictures but Michelle did a great job of giving me guidance and what to pose etc. She also quickly accepted that I hate posed photos and just followed me around taking candids the rest of the day. She was on time and brought an assistant photographer. For the price I paid I can't believe we got two photographers, I was definitely impressed.

Seamstress: Magic Tailoring, C
I only needed a hem on my dress and a new zipper and both turned out perfect but I think I paid a little too much and she was one day late on the promised date because she didn't order the zipper. Otherwise it turned out fine.

Invitations: Zazzle.com and Vista Print
Everyone has commented on how perfect and great our wedding invitations are from Zazzle.com. I actually had the link to an oak tree style invitation saved for a while as was going to use it as inspiration for a less expensive invite. But when I was ready to get the invites they were magiciall on sale AND 75% the whole site. So I would definitely recommend Zazzle to brides on a budget. I used Vistaprint for our thank you cards for the wedding and bridal shower and they both were good quality and inexpensive (especially with a groupon).

Wedding night hotel: The Biltmore Hotel, A+++
We found a great deal for the Biltmore hotel on priceline and stayed there our wedding night. The hotel is beautiful and the beds so comfortable. It was great to spend the night away instead of staying in our own home. It made everything feel more special. We also rented a pool cabana for the day after so our out of town guests coud join us at the pool. The cabanas are a bit pricely but sooo worth it!

Car rental: Sixt Car Rental
I never heard of the company before but they had the best rate on a luxury car so I took a chance with them. It turned out great! We got a Mercedez Benz for the weekend and my DH had the best time playing with all the features.

Dress: Macys, A+++
I bought my dress on Cyber Monday at the bargain price of $80. The dress is so perfect and gorgeous! Everyone loved it and I do too! I highly recommend it to brides on a budget. I did have to buy it online but Macys has such a good return policy that it wasn't a risk at all.

Cake: E and M creations, A
My cake turned out gorgeous and it tasted wonderful. By the end of the day ALL the cake was gone. I've never been to a wedding were all the cake was finished, there's normally tons left but mine was gone! We got a fondant cake with red velvet and stawberry and it was delicious. Definitely recommend!

Rentals: Imperial Party Rentals, A
They had everything I needed at great prices. I was even able to splurge on the Chivari chairs that I thought we wouldnt be able to afford.

Hair and Make up: Soldy and Ingrid aka my glam fairies, A++
I had a horrible make up trial from a salon in Coral Gables that me look like a drag queen with a snookie bump. So I enlisted my friends to do the job for me and they did an amazing job! I was so impressed, I definitely recommend them to anyone. PM if you want their number since they are interested in doing more weddings.

Wedding Coordinator: Aaron Gougis, A++
I'm so glad I hired a wedding coordinator and mine happens to be absolutely wonderful. He took care of everything and I didnt have to stress at all. Such a good guy too. PM if you want his number, he is very afforable and well worth it.

Re: Vendor Reviews! First post as a MRS.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards