Florida-South Florida
Options

Coral Gables Womans Club- Coral Room

Hello All,
I was just wondering if anyone has used this venue for their wedding, if so, how many people attended? I am looking at this as a possible venue, however, i have about 200ppl, from the pictures, it doesn't look like that many ppl will fit comfortably.Also, who did you use as the caterer? Thank you!

Re: Coral Gables Womans Club- Coral Room

• Options
    This a beautiful venue and the staff is great.   That many people (200) will be tight, you'll have a small dance floor.  We used a friend as our caterer and had a fantastic florist and photographer, if you need any referrals.
  • Options
    I was also thinking about the Coral or Flamingo Room at the Woman's Club, but I have a smaller guest list at 100. I like both rooms.<div>
    </div><div>But we weren't sure if it would go out of budget once you add up the costs of outside vendors. If you have good recommendations on florist/photographer/etc. that would be awesome!</div><div>
    </div><div>In response to the original post - I haven't been married yet of course, but I love the space and I know a lot of people who have gone to weddings there and absolutely love it! They all talk about how gorgeous the weddings there are.</div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_coral-gables-womans-club-coral-room?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:1e191e8a-0411-42d1-aa11-eb9213425b60Post:319fa550-ff53-4a5a-958c-a671b305ac6b">Re: Coral Gables Womans Club- Coral Room</a>:
    [QUOTE]This a beautiful venue and the staff is great.   That many people (200) will be tight, you'll have a small dance floor.  We used a friend as our caterer and had a fantastic florist and photographer, if you need any referrals.
    Posted by kisskiss30[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • Options
    I was also thinking about the Coral or Flamingo Room at the Woman's Club, but I have a smaller guest list at 100. I like both rooms.<div>
    </div><div>But we weren't sure if it would go out of budget once you add up the costs of outside vendors. If you have good recommendations on florist/photographer/etc. that would be awesome!</div><div>
    </div><div>In response to the original post - I haven't been married yet of course, but I love the space and I know a lot of people who have gone to weddings there and absolutely love it! They all talk about how gorgeous the weddings there are.</div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_coral-gables-womans-club-coral-room?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:1e191e8a-0411-42d1-aa11-eb9213425b60Post:319fa550-ff53-4a5a-958c-a671b305ac6b">Re: Coral Gables Womans Club- Coral Room</a>:
    [QUOTE]This a beautiful venue and the staff is great.   That many people (200) will be tight, you'll have a small dance floor.  We used a friend as our caterer and had a fantastic florist and photographer, if you need any referrals.

</div>
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    If you're in South Florida the best photographer is Rubber Boots Photography, LLC.  They are really good and their prices are very reasonable.  I recommend you call them quickly because their website says their 2013 prices are going into effect next month.  As to the florist, hands down <a href="http://www.lovetheblooms.com." rel="nofollow">www.lovetheblooms.com.</a> She works out of her home and is extremely talented but most importantly will work with any budget. I was very happy with her.  Hope this helps. All the best. 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_coral-gables-womans-club-coral-room?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:1e191e8a-0411-42d1-aa11-eb9213425b60Post:b1f01c50-8ea7-4434-b679-866a62e4b503">Re: Coral Gables Womans Club- Coral Room</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was also thinking about the Coral or Flamingo Room at the Woman's Club, but I have a smaller guest list at 100. I like both rooms. But we weren't sure if it would go out of budget once you add up the costs of outside vendors. If you have good recommendations on florist/photographer/etc. that would be awesome! In response to the original post - I haven't been married yet of course, but I love the space and I know a lot of people who have gone to weddings there and absolutely love it! They all talk about how gorgeous the weddings there are. In Response to Re: Coral Gables Womans Club- Coral Room :
    Posted by phoenixmelody[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Thank you so much for responding! It is at 200 at the moment, given about 40 kid sunder the age of 12 being included. However, with the budget and space limited, i think i might have an adults only reception. 160ppl would be a more reasonable fit ? if you don't mind sending me the referrals via DM that would be GREAT! i am actually taking care of the centerpieces and have a photographer, but i am lost on catering. THANKS

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_coral-gables-womans-club-coral-room?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:1e191e8a-0411-42d1-aa11-eb9213425b60Post:319fa550-ff53-4a5a-958c-a671b305ac6b">Re: Coral Gables Womans Club- Coral Room</a>:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards