Florida-South Florida
Options

One less bridesmaid

Well, I have been having problems with one of my bridesmaids.  The wedding is 30 days away and she has not ordered her dress.  I've been reminding her for 2 months to get it.  First, she said she didn't have money, granted the dress is only $99, then she got the money, but will be going Saturday to order her dress.  I told her good luck, because it may be too late.  Well I have tried to call her for 2 weeks straight just to catch up, and no return calls or texts.  She is always on Facebook updating her status and going out, but can't return a phone call.  I'm giving up!  I just need to know if she is still coming to the wedding, since I never got her RSVP either.  So frustrating.  I broke down last night with my FI, but I'm not going to let her bother me or ruin my day.  It's just upsetting, because here I thought she was a really good friend of mine, but I was wrong.  Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: One less bridesmaid

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you're in this mess! The part that hurts the worst is that you two used to be friend and now she just seems uninterested. :( it really sucks when something like this happens and never makes any sense. I guess the best thing at this point is to just be straight with her and ask her if she is coming to th wedding/ is going to be in your party. Although I'm sure you're really hurt, I'd try my hardest to be very nice, sweet, and understanding when you talk to her. I don't blame you for being upset-- I'd be really upset too. :( Keep us updated. Virtual hugs coming your way!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you are going through this. Go on FB and ask her straight out. Then see what she says. It's horrible that it takes planning a wedding to see who your real friends are. GL!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.  I've called, texted, and went on Facebook to find out.  So far no response.  I just don't know what to do anymore.  I cried last night about it, but I'm not going to cry anymore.  I have other things to worry about and she obviously doesn't care about me or our friendship!!
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you're not going to cry over her anymore! She certainly isn't worth your time or a good friend. Like Christina said, weddings bring out people's true colors! If you don't hear from her, I'd assume she is coming (just for numbers sake) but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

<--- Just trying to play the devil's advocate. But when you guys catch up does it always some how go back to wedding stuff?

Maybe she's over it, and doesn't seem like you are interested in the friendship. 

Again, just trying to play the devil's advocate.  Either way it does suck that 30 days before your wedding this is happening.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry!

If I've learned anything throughout the wedding planning process is who true friends are (and I would say that even extends to family).

Honestly, I wish most of my bridal party would have dropped out long ago. Lol. My #1 piece of advise to any bride out there is to forgo having a bridal party. IMO, they're way more trouble than help.

I say count her as a guest, just in case, but obviously, she's out of the bridal party. I hardly think she'd be able to get her dress in at this point.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry youre going through this!

It really is crazy who comes out of the woodwork while wedding planning and also who just shows their true colors and that they are crappy friends.  At least you know she sucks now and before all the wedding pictures were taken so it doesn't effect you when you look at wedding pics in the future - kind of a silver lining??

If it was me I would not include her on the list and if she tried to show i'd say she doesn't have a seat and let someone else deal with her - maybe that would cause more drama than you want on your wedding day - it probably would so I prob wouldn't go through with it and I'd just include her - but I'd really want to leave her out!

Just try to focus on the wedding and your FI and all the fantastic friends and family you do have and don't let her ruin anymore of the planning and fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you are going through this!  I can totally relate, I've been going through friend issues too.  Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk.  Its a good thing you are not crying over this, just focus on the positives and YOUR big day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for all of the support, it really means a lot.  I out right asked her if she was mad or upset with me.  She finally responded to a text!! She said life has been busy but she will be at the wedding, sans the bf.  She is having money troubles, that is why she hasn't ordered her dress.  Her parents cut her off, after graduating and she maxed out her CC.  If she would have told me this months ago, I would have offered to pay for her dress.  So we'll see if she gets it in time, I'm just glad that she finally responded to me! I'll keep you all posted!!
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you got a response!! Hope it all works out from here. Let us know!

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you finally got a response! I was so hurt when my MOH wasn't sure if she wasn going to be able to come. I hope that you have the opportunity to talk to her about your friendship and work everything out so that you both feel good and happy at the wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so sorry you're going through this :(  it's so hard sometimes w/ BM's... and definitely true colors come out when it's YOUR time to get married.  I was in one of my "best" friends weddings a few years ago, but since I got engaged she could care less and totally fell off the radar... needless to say she's not even invited to the wedding, we don't even talk anymore.  so sad how we have to see people's true colors this way sometimes.... i hope everything works out w/ your friend & ENJOY this last month as a "miss" -- don't let her ruin it for you!!!  xo
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards