Florida-South Florida
Options

Cooking for Two

Anyone have recommendations for a Cookbook or recipes for cooking for two people? Since FI and I have been living together, I am trying to cook more often but whenever I follow a recipe I spend too much money on ingredients and have tons of leftover that sometimes goes to waste!!!

Re: Cooking for Two

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We use allrecipes.com where you can customize the recipe based on the amount of servings you want
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meal planning per week is a good place to start. Don't buy anything you don't need beyond the ingredients in those recipes (this doesn't include weekly lunch foods, etc). One packet of boneless chicken breasts is good for two people - simply cut them down the middle. If you leave them slightly frozen it's easier to do. I'll cook 1/2 lb of pasta  just to have some left over for lunch. It may take a while to figure out how to cook for two, but eventually you will get the hang of it. If you find yourself with more than you will eat, remember this: the freezer is your friend :D
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love allrecipes.com :))
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice ladies!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you can always half the receipes....on the recipe book it should tell you how many servings it is and them just do the math.: expample it usually says 6 to 8 so I would assume it more like 6 and half it and if its looks like alot them half it again :) Im sure if you need measure converters you can find some online...and i love allrecipes.com too!!!! They have awesome stuff!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Williams Sonoma has a great cookbook.. called Bride and Groom, that is good for two people
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards