Florida-South Florida
Options

Processional Question

Hey ladies :-) Happy Tuesday to all!!!!!!

Now I'm completely sure my question is answered somewhere on this board...but...Can someone tell me how long a traditional bridal processional song should be? We aren't using the traditional bridal march, have a few different songs in mind, the problem is we would need to have them spliced together or start in a certain place...most of the ones that have been chosen are about 45 seconds to a minute long...is that to much?

Any new songs you guys have been thinking of? I've heard a few on here that I really liked...would love more ideas :)

Re: Processional Question

• Options
    edited December 2011

I think the length will depend on how long the walk is. If it's at a church and a not so long aisle, a minute or less would be fine. You might want to time it by doing a trial run with who ever is walking you in. Then pad that with a with 15-20 secs more just in case. It can always be faded out.

As for the songs. I'm having songs from my favorite movie "Somewhere in Time". The one I'm walking into, which also happens to be my favorite classical piece, is from the movie, it's called "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini."  You can use anything really that means something to you. For the recessional we are using "I Melt With You" by Modern English, because it's kinda our song by accident. :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree the length of the processional depends on the number of people walking, the length they have to walk etc..... I'm sorry I cant be more help.  Maybe you can try rehearsing it some at the venue to get an idea on how long it will take.  From personal experience - leave time for FG meltdowns.... lol
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I'm thinking more about my music....its going to be different then the girls...the girls they can fade, but what about when I walk down? Theres about 45 seconds that I really want to hear....is that to much?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think so - you will be walking slowly - and the music should start before you appear.... and it will play a bit once you are in your place - you can always fill some time by handing off your bouquet then....
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards