Florida-South Florida
Options

In need of NEW flower recs :(

So, I'm back to square one AGAIN.  I was ready to sign w/ dreammakers - let down.  Then I was ready to sign w/ jmorgan - she never emailed contract as promised.  Then I contacted Natinel a week ago - never even responded.  I'm at a loss ladies.  I don't want to spend a lot on flowers - i'm doing a beachy/nautical wedding so we are incorporating lots of starfish/sandollars/other 'stuff' besides flowers and I'm doing a lot of DIY's this summer.  So yes flowers will be minimal, but still are important to me... and I had my hopes up high w/ jmorgan and then natinel was so highly reccommended and i've been let down by both.  Can anyone give me other rec's??  I'm getting married in lighthouse point (between west palm and miami) so I'm willing to go wherever for a florist.  Let me know!!  TIA :) xo
***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: In need of NEW flower recs :(

• Options
    NMustang2427NMustang2427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be watching this because I too have tried contacting Natinel and haven't recieved a message yet from them.. Ethorel (sp?) was booked for my date and I did get a call from dream makers and haven't called back yet, now that I read this I'm not sure I will.. What happened with dream makers? if you don't mind me asking..
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about her... but I've been recommended to Creations By Blanca. I've spoken to multiple people who have used her..

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too will be watching this! I know Cat is using Creations by Blanca! I think she gave her a pretty decent deal too! Also, I think Erica is using someone different too. Hopefully she will come along! I am just curious: what didn't you like about Dreammakers? I'm on the hunt for a florist and am trying to gather as many brises' personal experiences as possible!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-of-new-flower-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:2cf33bc2-cf4c-4c52-9587-28c6a678c565Post:73d3484a-0217-4d4a-8fbe-5295becab13a">Re: In need of NEW flower recs :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will be watching this because I too have tried contacting Natinel and haven't recieved a message yet from them.. Ethorel (sp?) was booked for my date and I did get a call from dream makers and haven't called back yet, now that I read this I'm not sure I will.. What happened with dream makers? if you don't mind me asking..
    Posted by NMustang2427[/QUOTE]

I will send you a PM about what happened w/ dreammakers -- not allowed to talk about them on here b/c they stalk our board apparently.
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-of-new-flower-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:2cf33bc2-cf4c-4c52-9587-28c6a678c565Post:d2ae0f8e-a9a8-48e5-8dee-74ffaa9c65c8">Re: In need of NEW flower recs :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I too will be watching this! I know Cat is using Creations by Blanca! I think she gave her a pretty decent deal too! Also, I think Erica is using someone different too. Hopefully she will come along! I am just curious: what didn't you like about Dreammakers? I'm on the hunt for a florist and am trying to gather as many brises' personal experiences as possible!
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]

hahaha i'll PM you too!!!
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try mine. Vanessa at Karma Goddess. She does coordination and flowers. Shes awesome

email her at: info@karmagoddess.org 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-of-new-flower-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:2cf33bc2-cf4c-4c52-9587-28c6a678c565Post:099cd02e-18e3-4f7a-9034-dd8c62372727">Re: In need of NEW flower recs :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: In need of NEW flower recs :( : I will send you a PM about what happened w/ dreammakers -- not allowed to talk about them on here b/c they stalk our board apparently.
    Posted by mfields83[/QUOTE]

Thank you!! Any advice or help will be appreciated.. gahh this vendor stuff is killin me.. there should be a site where you can search for vendors by price and reviews lol I haven't found one yet..
    Anniversary
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-of-new-flower-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:2cf33bc2-cf4c-4c52-9587-28c6a678c565Post:39073c69-1b34-4c17-b1c0-3c2d46b21a38">Re: In need of NEW flower recs :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: In need of NEW flower recs :( : Thank you!! Any advice or help will be appreciated.. gahh this vendor stuff is killin me.. there should be a site where you can search for vendors by price and reviews lol I haven't found one yet..
    Posted by NMustang2427[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that be nice!! Lol

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-of-new-flower-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:2cf33bc2-cf4c-4c52-9587-28c6a678c565Post:e1a606db-5d64-4618-af50-cbb0f56201c4">Re: In need of NEW flower recs :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: In need of NEW flower recs :( : Wouldn't that be nice!! Lol

Ha ha yes!! I've been going nuts and my wedding is still 10 months away.. I can't imagine what its going to be like in 6 months and I'm planning my wedding from chicago so all of your ladies's help is awesome!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

A very reputable florist in Miami is Vivian Colls and many of the knotties have used her.  HTH!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    okay - PM's SENT about dreammakers... check your messages :)

and thanks for all the responses so far - keep them coming!!  i'll be setting up (or trying to???) more appointments next week!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Joel.  He was in my catering package, but I can't think he is that expensive.  I was happy with the results.

Good luck!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/JOELS-FLORAL-PARTY-DESIGN/135480959809428

email me @ csanda@bellsouth.net if you want some pictures.
  • Options
    bridetobe417bridetobe417 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using De La Flor in Cooper City. They're very nice to work with and they do beautiful work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Natinel might not have contacted you cause she is booked on  that date.. with me! lol Sorry wedding date twin! And I'm sorry I can't help with suggestions... The first place I went to was outrageous and Natinel was the second...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-of-new-flower-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:2cf33bc2-cf4c-4c52-9587-28c6a678c565Post:d2ae0f8e-a9a8-48e5-8dee-74ffaa9c65c8">Re: In need of NEW flower recs :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I too will be watching this! I know Cat is using Creations by Blanca! I think she gave her a pretty decent deal too!

Yes, I drove up to Pompano to meet with Blanca and she is giving me a REALLY good deal because Im supplying the vases BUT I'm looking for the BEST DEAL so I'm still shopping. (Just to give you an example of how much of a deal hustler I am, my personal trainer did all this math in front of me to show me I was getting my training sessions for only $11 a session....I looked him dead in the eye and asked..."Is that the BEST you can do???" <- Hey, I just HAD to ask!)

I am going to meet with ROSE from Dream Makers in Boynton next week Thursday and I'll update you ladies on that as soon as I find out who's got the best deal.  (Separate and different from the one that shall not be named...lol!!!)

I also consulted with Reina's Flowers of Merit in Plantation, and they gave me an unbelievable deal, I just didn't sign with them because they were the FIRST ones I went to and now that I've shopped around, my tastes in flowers have changed, so the price won't be the same.  If anything I'll go back to Reina's with my new ideas and get another quote. 

I spoke with Britany from Field of Flowers in Plantation and she seemed very cold to me.  The whole store was filled with employees and not one greeted me as a customer.  I had an appointment with her at 4:30, told FIVE different people I was there, and she was not "found" until 4:45.  Her explaination = no one told her.  Sorry, but my time is precious and so is my big day....tardiness is unexceptable!!! not really my steez...<- but maybe I just have HIGH expectations.

I also met with Jackie from J. Morgan, and thought her prices were outrageous in comparison to others..(i.e. my bouquet would have been $450!!! <- ummmm....no thanks mmmkkkbye!!!) P.S. I must admit, I thought she didn't email as promised either....found her email in my SPAM folder....just an FYI.

HTH!!! I will also be watching this thread to see what the deal-i-o is!!! ;c)

xxox
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Ocean Flowers by Guerdy
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I noticed that about florist, they never contact you afterwards. I mean, don't they want our business. I had to email one florist several times after I met with her & the other florist wouldn't respond to the 3 different phone numbers I had for her. The venue finally helped me reach her. I liked her work but it's been several weeks and I'm still waiting for to send me the pricing in writing. Horrible!! What's up with these vendors??

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ucfandreaucfandrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful Kreations in Tamarac - Marcia is superb and she  bent over backwards to help me come in at budget. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Vivian Colls.  She is really nice.

The only issue I have ... which may be common ... is the constant back and forth with trying to get exactly what I want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-of-new-flower-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:2cf33bc2-cf4c-4c52-9587-28c6a678c565Post:4029c441-d9b2-452f-8192-5e34a65ec304">Re: In need of NEW flower recs :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Natinel might not have contacted you cause she is booked on  that date.. with me! lol Sorry wedding date twin! And I'm sorry I can't help with suggestions... The first place I went to was outrageous and Natinel was the second...
    Posted by britt07uva[/QUOTE]

Hey!!  Does she only do one wedding per day???  All the florists I've visited do several weddings a day!  Let me know :) :)  haha still love that we are wedding day twins! xoxo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Guerdy's work is brilliant and pretty reasonable once you compare everything.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try simply flowers in palm beach http://Simplyflowerspbfl.com/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards