Florida-South Florida
Options

Wedding dresses

So I was told that I can start looking at dresses :) But I don't know what I'm doing so, I have some questions:

1. How many stores did you go to? Just one or multiple?
2. Do I tell them at the appointment if I'm visiting another store? Or just let them think I might buy right then and there? 
3. What dress did you pick? (this is more curiosity and idea gathering)

Thanks ladies!

Re: Wedding dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
     I  went to 3 different stores, each shop has different designers.

When i went into the other stores i just thanked them after my appointment and said I will be in touch. You are not obligated to tell them

I picked a Maggie Sottero

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a few different shops as well.  I picked my dress from a smaller boutique.  I don't remember if I told them or not.  I picked the dress that I felt was best suited for my style. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my mom and i decided to start at the "higher end" stores on las olas (or what we thought would be higher end) to just try on different styles and see what i liked - well i the dress i choose was the 3rd dress i tried in the 1st store (Victoria's Bridal Couture). i went to 3 stores after that and tried on a bunch more but nothing compaired to that dress.

i would say shop around and think on it, its your wedding dress and you definiately have the time to. 

my dress is demetrios 3137. i ordered it online through victoria's and saved about $500. their online dept wasn't the best at communicating but my dress arrived within the time frame they said it would and in perfect condition. so in the end i was just worring over nothing. :)

HTH!

jess

best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they particularly expect you to buy one right then and there - though they'd love it if you did! You can tell them that you're going to different salons, but you don't have to, they'll be able to tell by what you're asking for how ready you are to purchase right then. I very sneakily went to try on dresses to get ideas when I knew that I was having my dress made by a seamstress (my fmil) to my specifications. So, I would just go in and let them know that I was just wanting to try different styles to get an idea. They expect that, and weren't particularly shocked that I wasn't in a rush to buy. It's probably best to go to multiple stores, but not necessarily all in one day (might be overwhelming). I went to a few. The other thing that's nice about going to multiple stores is the difference in consultants. I like it when they hear my style and then bring me suggestions, but others would basically be kind of meek and rely on me to pick things, which I didn't like as much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think i hit every bridal store in south florida....

after the 3rd store i knew i wanted a maggie, so i ended up only going back to the shops that carried maggie...then i found brides of florida and they had my dream gown there.
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How many stores did you go to? Just one or multiple?
    I went to a few stores. The first store i went to had beautiful dresses, but i wasnt 100% certain i could just buy from the first store.

2. Do I tell them at the appointment if I'm visiting another store? Or just let them think I might buy right then and there? 
    You dont need to tell them that your visiting another store. When your go into a store your going to look for "The" dress and you might just find it there, so no need.
    3. What dress did you pick? (this is more curiosity and idea gathering)
    I actually found my dress online while looking through hundreds of dresses. This one stood out to me so I emailed the designer (Anjolique) to let me know if she had any local stores and when i went to try i on I just knew. I still kept looking for more dresses, but I kept comparing every dress to that one, so i just knew.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want your dress made just for you check this website www.jorgemanuelweddings.com

He is my best friend so I was very lucky he made this dress for me, he can modify the design for you and you get to choose the color/kind of fabric you want. It is a very special experience.

• Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I love so many very different dresses online but I know if I go try some on I'll figure out what looks best on me. 
  • Options
    Karyan30Karyan30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started at Davids Bridal but just bc they seem more flexible to let u try dresses so I tried every possible shape to figure out what looked best on me. I left there knoiwng an A line sweetheart style looked best on me. So I started looking at that style and that day U went to 2 or 3 other stores. I saw my dress that same day on the window of a store that was closed already so I went back (by myself) after work the following tuesday and I tried it on and I just knew. It fit me perfectly! (now I actually lost weight so Im having it fitted) It was a couture store so that was it, if i didnt buy it somebody else could walk in and buy it and the designer has just retired. She gave me a great price and bought it right there and took it home 8 months before my wedding. Recently I went to a Proscilla of Boston sample sale and tried on about 10 different dresses just for fun (also to get it out of my system) and there was one that looked so good on me and it was on sale! I ran home and tried on my dress to compare..and I knew I made the right decision..the dress was made for me! good luck..when u know, u know
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to about 9 stores .. I was worried that everyone would be pushy and try to sell me a dress but it was complete opposite. They would always end the appointment with just telling me that they would write down the top dress/s that I liked and give me their card. No pressure and most places asked if I was still looking around at dresses and had other appointments. I always said I had a few more appts because I wanted them to know I didn't want to be persuaded into buying anything - I'm not at all the type that "just knows" .. I have to sleep on everything to make sure I definitely like it lol.
    The dress I bought is an Essence of Australia #D1118 at Bellissima Bridal in Coral Gables.

Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only went to two stores, I had planned on going to more but I fell in love at the second one.  I didn't tell the first place that I had planned to go anywhere else, I just politely said my goodbyes.  They were really nice about the whole thing, I thought it would be a more pushy experience.  And at the second store I just fell in love to the point where I wanted to cry (but I'm not cryer so I couldn't).  Anyway, I didn't place the order yet because I have to wait for my Dad to get into town on Monday to do that, but they took my measurements and everything so my Dad would just have to go in and pay, because the dress won't be there anymore when he comes.  It was there for the trunk show only.  I choose:

• Options
    HeathirddHeathirdd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a few places in NYC (where I lived at the time) even Kleinfelds but didnt feel like the consultant knew what she was doing...I ended up looking on Miracle Mile in Coral Gables and started at Chic Parisian as they were the ones who carried Monique Llullier who I THOUGHT I wanted...(which I thought was the "nicest" store) and then looked at the others...I found one there I really felt great in, but figured best to keep my other appointments so told her I'd probably be back...we never found anything that even compared! Here it is...I ended up with a  Christos gown called "Joy" :)
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards