Florida-South Florida
Options

Innovative lighting ideas?

As I was writing my blog today I realized how simple my reception decor sounded(to me at least). I am hoping to be able to give my reception a pretty colored glow maybe pink or something. The thing is I dont have a large budget so I was thinking maybe get pretty paper laterns that I can put colored bulbs in? This idea is still up in the air as to whether I will be able to pull it off being a DYH(do it herselfer). Has anyone done this, if so how or any ideas are appreciated! Thanks!!

Re: Innovative lighting ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and one more thing if anyone has gotten paper laterns where from and about how much? Plus are they hard to hang? (im afraid of heights)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check out this site... http://www.save-on-crafts.com I have looked around and they have the best prices on lights and crafts... hth! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second save-on-crafts.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that site... its officially my new one (well for this week anyways :))   ) Now has anyone used the gian glowing orbs? IF so can someone tell me if they give color to the room? The look im trying to achieve is I think called a color wash where you give the room a colored glow(not sure if thats the name but thats what I want). Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards