Florida-South Florida

Where Did You/Are You Register?

FI and I need just about everything for our apartment. 

We want to register somewhere that is all over the country, that is in everyone's price range, and that has quality stuff!

We are thinking Macy's or Kohl's. Thoughts?

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Where Did You/Are You Register?

• We did Macy's and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. BBB really has everything, and most people get those 20% off coupons, so I think they appreciate that. Our BBB registry has 4 things left on them, and 2 of those things are over $200 bucks and we knew we weren't getting those. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • We did Macy's and Crate and Barrel. We enjoyed their registry events!
  • we didnt register lololol ... since we are having a smaller wedding only about 80 people and the fact weve lived together for years now and we just moved to florida so we recently bought everything new ... when ever anyone asked where we were registers and what they could give us ... we always said ... we have all the blenders and pots and china ... we just want the house to put it in ... so we are really asking for cash ... and suprisingly ... people dont mind that at all ... they actually find it easier to just write a check then having to go mail a gift from ny to florida 
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • We registered at Macys and Target. Macys for things for thr kitchen appliances and luggage and Target for casual things that are over priced at Macys  like towels, utensils, bowls home decor etc. 

For my shower most people wrote checks and bought a few things off the registry so in the end I think people kinda do what they want lol.

• We haven't registered yet ... Probably won't until Dec timeframe ... We will register at BBB & target
  • edited March 2012
    We did Macys and Bed Bath and Beyond :)
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We registered at Macys, Crate and Barrel, and Honeyfund!
  • We did Target and BBB.

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • I'm thinking we'll end up doing BBB and Kohl's. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!
  • We did Crate & Barrel & BBB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just registered at Macy's and Target this weekend. Macy's for nicer items like bedding and knife set and the rest at Target. It was a lot of fun. My FI doesn't care so I brought my best friend and we went a little scan happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did marriott honeymoon registry card and BBB
    *** TTC since 10/2010 (no planned bc since 2007) Me (31) Sept 2012 - DX Luteal Phase Defect. HSG 8/2012: both tubes are open, cervix and lining look good; hypothyroidism; DH (35) SA Normal Clomid 50mg, trigger
    10/2012 BFFN 1st cycle on clomid 50mg w/trigger shot, progesterone level 19.7, cd28 - hcg level 0.
    ***12/2012 Cycle #25 TTA break until March 2013***
    3T Jan2013 Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Winter image
    OB/GYN=expertise in pregnancy/labor; RE=expertise in getting pregnant. (read this on someone's post, feel free to PM me to give you credit) I'm so glad I have a RE on my team. Consult a RE after 1 year under 35yo; 6 months 35yo+
  • Haven't registered yet...We're thinking we'll do it in June, since we'll both be on Summer vacay, but it'll prob be Macy's and BBB...and we're debating adding Crate & Barrel as a 3rd place. Ladies, be careful with Target...Idk if they changed their return policy but when my cousin got married she had a huge issue with them because they were not taking the items off the list and she got a lot of duplicates and triplicates. When it came time to exchange/return the items, they could not because they had not been given a gift receipt. Make sure your guests know they HAVE to get a gift receipt (some may think it's tacky, but it may be necessary and can save you the headache later).
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_where-did-youare-you-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:30ab850b-35a9-4d0a-a5b9-d08ba100fa54Post:9ed3024b-3a76-43eb-87d9-e31eec9f557c">Re: Where Did You/Are You Register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did Macy's and <strong>Bed, Bath, and Beyond. BBB really has everything, and most people get those 20% off coupons, so I think they appreciate that.</strong> Our BBB registry has 4 things left on them, and 2 of those things are over $200 bucks and we knew we weren't getting those. 
    Posted by PhiSigFly[/QUOTE]
    BBB has the same things as Macys and often cheaper and you still use those coupons. We just went with them
  • We did Macys and BBB too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • STBMrsDio  is absolutely right about targets return policy.....My best friend had a huge issue with that when she had to return items from there baby shower. Not only do they require the recipt but they also have a time limit and a limit on how much you can get refunded a year.
  • We did BB&B, Target, and Honeyfund.
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was actually wondering about this myself. FI and I have everything we need in our apartment as far as cooking utensil, china, linens, etc. but are currently house hunting and could really use money towards a house more than anything, but how do we tastefully go about asking that?
  • We did Macys, Bloomingdale's and now I am llooking into BBB.
  • Thanks ladies! I think we're going to go with Macy's!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We did Amazon, Bloomingdales, Sur La Table, and Cutco.  I thought a lot more people would be interested in going to a physical store so I was pretty surprised with how many people ended up ordering on Amazon or just purchasing online in general!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards