Florida-South Florida

I NEED HELP. I like everything.

Where dioI begin?? I literally like 20 themes. Romantic, Beach, Traditional.....HELP?!?! How did you guys narrow it down?

Re: I NEED HELP. I like everything.

• Oh we were in the same boat as you when we start planning for a wedding. We first started with rustic with an Italian flair, rustic yet vintage came second, then we wanted rustic yet romantic, then came rustic Spain-inspired. We ultimately picked the one we really liked the most, meant something to us and pretty much captured our wedding vision. We went a Spanaird theme wedding with some rustic appeal. We love the culture from Spain (FI's grandparents are from Spain), the food, the bold colors, and it felt right to have that for us. We are adding lots of lace elements in our wedding because one of the few things when I think of Spain is Spanish lace. Our DIY invites have lace fabric on them. We wanted bold colors so we went with red, gold, and burnt orange and burnt orange being the main color. We wanted something different but yet something which relates and means something to us.

I hope this makes sense, lol :)
  • I found a picture of a centerpiece/table setting that I fell in love with and planned my entire wedding around that "look".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I changed my mind like 600 times. The rule with that is: DON'T BUY ANYTHING! Haha! My best advice: only allow yourself to like 3-4 different ideas. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • LOL! I think we're all in the same boat. I loved everything and ultimately it was my FI who chose the theme. That and our venue choice. But I would begin with your location and work from there. What are your favorite colors (that also represent your FI, if he hates hot pink I wouldn't go with that lol), what best represents the two of you, what will you look back at in 20 years and think I LOVED our wedding look....these are some places to start. My Mother still loves her dusty rose and red wedding colors (I don't, but it was obviously her dream and she is still happy).
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • I don't believe that you necessarily have to have a theme, but if you want to narrow it down, perhaps you can begin with 5 elements that you really want to incorporate into your special day.  Afterward, you may figure out a "theme" which can be just as unique as you are!  Maybe start with
    1.   Wedding colors - 2 to 3 are generally used, but you could use as many as you want.  Perhaps you and FI have favorite colors or want to use colors that convey a certain time of the year.  (Ex:  Silver and white for a winter wedding or Black, white and silver for something more modern)
    2.   Food - sit down, buffet, American fare, Asian....making a choice with your vision regarding the food may also help narrow down a theme.
    3.   Music - will you have a dj or band?  Classical, old school, indie, Salsa/Merengue, or rock n roll?
    4.   Dress - you may want your dress to be the center of your theme.  Do you like giltz, bling, feathers, ruffles, simplicity, traditional, etc.?  Maybe check out the pictures of dresses on this site and see which ones you gravitate toward.
    5.   Venue - do you lean toward something modern with a funky dance floor and club feel or are you more into a Vizcaya type setting?

Hopefully, narrowing it down to these 5 will make you see some commonalities and you can gather your theme!  Good luck and happy planning!!  :-)
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • I'm still in the early planning stages...so maybe things will change for me, but...

What I did, was I started saving pictures of things i liked, table settings, colors, dresses, centerpieces, lighting, etc.  Every picutre I liked for whatever reason was saved,  I sorted the pics by typs, table settings, colors, lighting, etc.  then Looked for the common themes in them.  what was the common thing that I liked?  that has helped me narrow down to at least the basics...

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_i-need-help-i-like-everything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:333c8078-0830-4dc6-bfcd-f76655fd58b7Post:ea2f8901-731e-4f22-b200-70ed9c454401">Re: I NEED HELP. I like everything.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't believe that you necessarily have to have a theme, but if you want to narrow it down, perhaps you can begin with 5 elements that you really want to incorporate into your special day.  Afterward, you may figure out a "theme" which can be just as unique as you are!  Maybe start with 1.   Wedding colors - 2 to 3 are generally used, but you could use as many as you want.  Perhaps you and FI have favorite colors or want to use colors that convey a certain time of the year.  (Ex:  Silver and white for a winter wedding or Black, white and silver for something more modern) 2.   Food - sit down, buffet, American fare, Asian....making a choice with your vision regarding the food may also help narrow down a theme. 3.   Music - will you have a dj or band?  Classical, old school, indie, Salsa/Merengue, or rock n roll? 4.   Dress - you may want your dress to be the center of your theme.  Do you like giltz, bling, feathers, ruffles, simplicity, traditional, etc.?  Maybe check out the pictures of dresses on this site and see which ones you gravitate toward. 5.   Venue - do you lean toward something modern with a funky dance floor and club feel or are you more into a Vizcaya type setting? Hopefully, narrowing it down to these 5 will make you see some commonalities and you can gather your theme!  Good luck and happy planning!!  :-)
    Posted by missv19732000[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>SO good to hear. I have no theme, just colors and a look what I want my wedding to look like. 

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards