Florida-South Florida
Options

Booking a photographer...

Hi everyone! This is my first post! Super excited!

So tomorrow we're booking our photographer.  I've spent countless hours researching and making sure I have all my ducks in a roll.  However, I fee like I have no idea what I'm doing! lol What are the most important things I should ask tomorrow before signing that contract?!?! Ahhhh! Please help! lol Thank you!

Re: Booking a photographer...

• Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure EVERYTHING you discussed is on the contract:
    Example:
    -if your having 1 or 2 photographers
    -How long the will be at your wedding for
    -If they will be there for your getting ready hour
    -If they will have a photographer for the groom getting ready
    -how many prints you will receive
    -the  type of album you will have and how many pictures it will include
    -how long it will be before you have your prints (trust me this is important, you dont want to get your pictures 2 years down the road)
    -your payment plan

Also, make sure you get a copy of the exact contract they have as well as a copy of your check or payment method.

HTH! GL! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    sarabear2011sarabear2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget to ask if you can have a disk with all of your wedding images, or if it's extra tp purchase.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi my friend!!!  Are you finally going with UDS? 

Something that I should have asked when booking was if they would capture both FI and I getting ready.  Apparently since we're getting ready at different hotels, they are only going to take pics of me getting ready.  I was really bummed about this because I figured, there are THREE photographers, surely one can go to Adrian's hotel which is 1 mile away.  We're trying to compromise.  In any event I'm sure you have all your bases covered!  xoxo!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The payment plan is big. My photog is asking for all the money before the event and FFIL made a good point that if they are paid in full up front, they have no incentive to give you a quality product, so make sure you have something arranged to pay a portion before the ceremony and then the rest upon receipt of your photos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!!! First, let me start by saying that I just found out that I can go on THE KNOT at work!! This could be a good or bad thing! LoL, they restrict so many websites that for sure I thought this would be one of them! WooHoo! To top that off, I have an intern until December!!! Yup, you knotties will be hearing from me a lot now!! LoL

Thank you all for the great advice! I must admit that I thought I did have all the questions I needed however, asking all of you a few more things did pop up that I would have never thought of.  Like the whole pictures of bride and GROOM getting ready. 

Crystal!!! Yes, UDS it is! I'm so excited! Laughing 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also ask if you need them an extra hour or so how much would that cost....or if the photographer is sick or emergency or whatever who would cover them (ive seen it happen)... GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards