Florida-South Florida
Options

Tux Opinions...

My wedding colors are cornflower blue (so says David's Bridal) and a citrus orange (I only say citrus to not confuse people who think we're going for Gators because we are OSU fans lol). My BM will be in cornflower blue dresses (style 83707) and hopefully have peep toe shoes dyed a citrus orange for a pop of color. Now my question is, originally I wanted the boys to have orange vets and ties, but now I'm not sure. Should they match the girls in blue or could they help with my color scheme and go orange?

Whichever I chose, I'm planning on getting the guys argyle or funky soccer socks in the opposing color (just like the girls with dress and shoes) to get a fun picture of all the guys sitting crossing their legs ankle on knee with the color popping out Smile

Re: Tux Opinions...

• Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is an inspiration with your colors under www.brendasweddingblog.com that shows the men's ties with small diagonal lines with both colors.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the guys and girls should be in opposing colors. It really helps with the contrast.
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I typed in citrus orange and blue weddings under google and it is the third one down. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Orange vests are VERY hard to find, unless your idea of citrus is a pale orange, almost pinky/salmon color. I was trying to put my guys in dark orange vests and couldn't find them anywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really? We found a darker orange vest at Men's Wearhouse, it just didn't work with my color. I'm thinking of using Jim's Formalwear and they had some good orange choices. The one that worked for me was called "peach" but looks veyr orange
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I picked blue because I like the matching idea and also because it is easier to find. These are my colors too, I was aiming for the cornflower too but I didn't like any dresses at DB, I felt like AA had more selections but the cornflower blue looked too sad. So I just went with the cobalt blue (I think that's it) because its just easier to decorate with. I really look like I'm representing for UF, which if I had gone there I wouldn't mind, but I didn't so sometimes I'm a lil' skeptical. HTH
    Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for blue, just for the guys' sake.  I cannot forsee a group of guys being very excited about citrus orange vests, though the color scheme and accessories you have picked sound simply adorable!  You have very good taste! 

ETA: for the color contrast that you want, focus on orangey/citrus-y flowers, maybe.  that would be cute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    173 Invites are in the mail! image
    58 are ready to party! image
    32 are missing out. image
    83 are nowhere to be found. image
    RSVP date is November 1.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with blue, just to make life easier, as I think it's easier to find. But either way would be cool.  LOVE the socks idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I pick Blue, it is more elegant wedding-like, I like orange for smaller touches.....like some on the stripes of thier ties and maybe the pocket squares?

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards