Florida-South Florida
Options

Wow... Wedding Dates Poll

So I was looking through and updating the database and noticed 10/10/10 was very popular (as imagined) but also 3/12/11! We have 5 knotties with that same date!

So what I wanna know is....

What's your date and why did u pick it?
:: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::

Re: Wow... Wedding Dates Poll

• Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We wanted to get married in October because we would have both finished school and well because we started dating Oct 18, 2005.

We couldn't do Oct 18th bc I don't think it fell on a saturday night. Every number with us has revolved around the # 18 which means "life" in Judaism...got engaged on 08.10.07 (8+10 =18), so we went with the 9th since it's half of 18!
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    03/12/2011 << I'm one of them!

This date will actually be our 3 year anniversary :) When he proposed in Dec.2009 He said he wanted at least a year. I decided, why not a year and a few more months so we can get married on a day that means something to us <3

Know what else I noticed?! Evelyn and Patty are on the same date as me, but their fiance's share the same b-day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    10.10.10 BABY!

Well, we started dating October 7th, 2007. He wanted a Sunday wedding. I wanted it to be very near our dating anniversary. October 10th, 2010 seemed ideal.

And then we realiezed it's 10.10.10 or XXX in Roman numerals :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Because its the week after both of our anniversies at work and we get more vacation. Also the next week starts lent in the catholic church and i would have had food restrictions..booo. Also on a side note, the numbers are all ODD and PIRME!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We wanted it to be near the end of hurricane and wouldnt be so hot!! we would have chose 11.11.11 but we have a lot of OOT guests... and of course we needed time to save:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    April 23, 2011. Almost 2 years from when he proposed. Also we are going to Greece for our honeymoon so the weather is better from Mid-April into summer. We didn't want to get married in Miami summer (too hot and hurricanes).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1/29/11

because oct-dec is event season for me so we went with january instead of november so we can save more money for the wedding and our first place together. also, hehe...i will admit to you ladies that we picked this saturday in particular because i did a little counting and were are hoping my "friend" won't be visiting around that day and our honeymoon. shhh, our secret! ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm very much into numbers and how they work together.

My favorite number is 24. All my life I've liked April for a wedding, so that's 4. My bday is on the 6th, so 2+4=6.  I like the #2 and the only time I've ever entered into a lottery type thing when I was a child, I won with the #2. lol

I noticed that every time I did something new, first cruise, first kiss, first overseas trip, bought first car, got first job.. etc... was always on the 24th.

So April 24th was always gonna be my wedding date.

When I met my FI, whose birthday is on the 24th, I told him about 4-24 being "the" date and he said, fine. Well, 3 years ago we had a commitment ceremony on a beautiful April 24th afternoon, just the two of us. It was very emotional. I walked into the chapel to "Going to Chapel" :-)

So when we got engaged on Oct. 24th last year, we thought we already have a special memory on 4-24, so what about a year from now, 10-24-10. It happen to be a Sunday so that's our wedding date. Now we will have an anniversary every 6 months!!   See... 2+4=6!!!! LOL
  • Options
    muneccamunecca member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We decided on 3-17-2012- St Patties Day!   Im Irish and what a great way to celebrate. I also figured everyone will be in a party mood and it falls on a Saturday. We didnt want to get married around the holidays or our birthdays (oct/nov). Kelly

• Options
    edited December 2011
    10-10-10 becuse 10 is my favorite number and the number of my favorite baseball player...We had to have it have it Oct-Jan because of his career and we didnt want to do it so close to the holidays since we have mostly OOT guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love all the reasons!!!

Jen... XXX? You dirty little girl!!! That's what it's gonna be rated your wedding night "XXX"!!

We ORIGINALLY picked 1.23.11 cuz I liked the "123". But when we realized that was a sunday and it would be easier for our OOT guests we changed it to 1.22. I just liked the numbers. Easy to remember and it felt right.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    11-14-10

well we got engaged in aug, and orginally i wanted a long weekend,  so i thought perfect labor day weekend, my cousin was supposed to get married 7-3-10, then i thought october, but october was a busy travel month for my parents, then we thought 11-14-10 its also my bday weekend!!
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We started dating Aug.7 03 and since that has been our anniversary for so long, I wanted it to be our wedding anniversary too. But theres too much rain and chance of hurricanes. So next option was April because I've always wanted an April wedding. But, there is a handful of people that MUST be at my wedding because they are important to me and one of them is my aunt. She lives in germany and owns a restaurant so she can only leave 3 times during the year - august, christmas and easter. So Easter weekend it was! I wasn't crazy about the idea at first but then realized that it might be easier for so many OOTers to take their vacations around Easter. And of course.. because I wanted some kind of significance to the date we picked, I was determined to find a way to include the 8/7/03 numbers in some way. So on 4/23/11 we'll have been dating 7 yrs and 8 months and 2+3+1+1 = 7 and 23-11-4 = 8. So there, I concocted a way to include our anniversary numbers and now I'm happy with the date :)
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We picked 3-26-11

Really it is because thats the weekend that my work (at a school) goes on spring break. After it was set we found out that it was FI's Grandparents anniversary. We like to think that his grandma is watching over us and helped us pick the date. :)
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    10.10.10!!!

We originally were set to have it 10.23.10...but then my brother's friend announced his wedding 10.22.10 two weeks AFTER we told them our date.

so...Garrett just throw out 10.10.10..he is a BIG even person, and he said its EASY for him to remember our anniversary.

I was fine with it...it was a holiday weekend! extra day for OOT guests!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We originally were going to go with 8-8-10 because our favorite number is 8.  Then we started thinking about how freaking hot it would be in August (OMG, I just realized if we had kept our original date we woul dbe getting married on Sunday)!  So, we realized that we started dating in October and he propsed in October, so why not get married in October?  And 10-10-10 just seemed perfect!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    3/12/11 Yippee!!

We started thinking about a date and ruled out June, July, August and September because it is just too hot and hurricane season. We ruled out November, December, and January because those are holiday months and we didn't want to think about an anniversary when you are preparing for the holidays. We ruled out October because that is his birthday. We ruled out February because of Valentine's day. April and May the weather could be unpredictable and start getting hot and we wanted an outdoor ceremony. This is paradise after all. That just left March. We looked at the calendar and decided 2011 was good. Then we arbitrarily cut out the first week and the last week just because. That left us with the 12th and the 19th. We picked the 12th. It just seemed right.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

LOVE everyones stories! Mines not as cute as everyones.... but 9.25 is our dating anniversary and I love it because it gives me something happy to look forward to in September. It typically is a very hard month for me, because my mom died early in Sept of 04.

I met the love of my life in August 05 and we started officially dating in September of 05. We chose 9.25.10 because it will be our 5 year anniversary. Because of him, I can make it out of bed on certain days in September... and I don't hate the month anymore. :) Now I have something to look forward to in September. AND... WIRK always does their summer Country Cruise on that weekend, so for our anniversaries... we can take a rockin cruise! So excited!

But on to the number sybolism side... My fave number has ALWAYS been 2. And his Bday is... 2.2!!!! :) We were meant to find each other. :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    odiloveslegosodiloveslegos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    August 21st is our seventh anniversary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FI proposed on 3.5.10 - i was ready to get married asap! but he wanted to wait a year. 3.18 is a friday and the start of his spring break (he's going to nova for masters in accounting). really no big reason. but after we picked the date - FI pointed out  it's march 2011 which is 311 which is his favorite band ... hahah, it's the little things. 
    best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    3/12/11

We picked March because it's still cool enough outside.  When we picked our venue we originally wanted 3/5/11, but thats the weekend of the honda classic so there were NO rooms available.  I didn't want to move it up a week bc I didn't want to get married in Feb, so the next week after what we wanted was 3/12/11!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    10/29/10

i loveee october !! and he proposed october 16th.. so we thought we should do it in october lol :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards