Florida-South Florida
Options

NWR - Scary day

Totally not wedding related, but I'd feel better sharing what happend to me today.

I was driving when all of a sudden the car behind me sped up and cut me off.  I had to slam my breaks to prevent him from running into my car.  Then he stopped in front of me in the middle of a busy road.  I didn't know what was going on, but I drove around him, and as I was driving around him, he rolled down his window and yelled out "I'm gonna f-ing kill you!"

Nothing happened prior to this.  I did't cut him off, or drive weird, or anything.  I don't know who he was - I haven't even been in Jax for that long.  The car was following me after the incident, so I turned into a plaza and had to calm myself down.  When I came home I was still so shaken up I called the police.  I was fortunate to have the tag number.  The cops came to my housee and ran his tag number.  He's never been in trouble with the law before, which is very hard for me to believe based on what happened.  The cops asked if I wanted to press charges, but I decided not to, but rather just report the situtation. 

I took a nap, and had nightmares (not the wedding kind).  I'm awake and needed to share this with someone and get it off my chest.  Thank you for letting me share.  Writing about this is aready making me feel better.

To make things worse, my yorkie is getting surgery tomorrow, so I'm worried about that too. 

Re: NWR - Scary day

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh girl, I am so sorry. That is really really scary and I'd be upset too.

I wonder why he felt like he needed to do that when you hadn't done anything?! I'm glad you got his tag number and that you are safe.

I think you need to do something fun and relax tonight! Take a bubble bath, watch a movie, eat something yummy, etc.

Again, I'm glad you're safe and that you reported the situation. Virtual hugs coming your way!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG :( This happened to me at a stop light several years ago and the lady actually got out of her car and attacked me....I am glad you are ok <3
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, that is scary and I'm glad that you didn't get hurt! There are some crazy drivers out there! I can't believe he followed you too, that's creepy! Good thing you remembered to get the car's tag numbers. With all that stress, I probably wouldn't have even remembered to look. Take it easy tonight and ask FI to give you a nice long massage! :) hope everything goes well with your yorkie's surgery, am sure it will!
  • Options
    RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh I am so sorry that you went through that. People are f'n crazy. I don't know what goes through some peoples heads. I'm glad that you're okay. I know that would have scared the hell out of me too.
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls so much for your concern.  Just finished watching a movie, and feeling a little bit better.  Your support means so much to me, especially because I moved to a new city and its been a tough adjustment  A new job, wedding planning, house hunting, and not having family/friends around.  I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate the knottie love.  Thanks!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry this happened to you. I would def. of been shaken up too. Some people now a days are crazy! Thank God you are ok. You did the right thing by calling the police.
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad that you are okay and hope that you are feeling better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards