Florida-South Florida
Options

First look...

Your thoughts?

For the married girls, did it take away from the "feeling" when walking down the aisle?

I am trying to decide, and it is driving me nuts!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: First look...

• Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a first look. We both get anxious in front of a group so i think it will help us calm our nerves and it will be sweet for us to be the only ones around
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be watching this
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a First Look with my FI. The pictures I've seen are all so sweet and you get the reaction of both the bride and groom in one picture. I agree, that it will also be a good way to calm our nerves before the ceremony begins. Also, I think that at the moment the groom sees his bride coming down the aisle, he will still have a great reaction and similar feelings just because of how special that moment is, even with a "first look".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not doing it...I'm so traditional and my favorite part of a wedding is seeing the groom's face when his bride walks through the door...I can't wait to see the look on MY groom's face! I think the first look does make for great pictures though and can see how it would calm the bride and groom.
  • Options
    danzigweddingdanzigwedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm doing it! and I'm doing it for the exact same reasons krysa6 is doing it.
    i think it will definitely calm my nerves and give my FI and i a moment to enjoy it by ourselves. and the pictures will look so awesome! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to do it because I want more pics in different locations!!! lol as my photographer described you will still have those feelings of "walking down the aisle" because face it there is just something emotional about walking down the aisle. Plus I think it will calm me a little but I will still be a mess. 
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing it. Although I know it makes for great pictures, the reaction I see from a groom when his bride is walking down the aisle for a couple that did a first look, is def. not the same as those that didn't. I see a lot more emotion from those that didn't. But that's just me.
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was supposed to do it for the same reasons as above. But we were behind schedule and didn't get to do it. AND I MUST say that both husband and I are SO SO happy we didn't. That moment at the Church was SO special. I don't know if it would have been the same or not, but it didn't work out as planned and we were very happy about it.

We just left our reception for like 20 minutes with our photographer to get some shots of him and me. yes, it sucked to miss some of our party but we got some great pictures and were able to enjoy the day and night!
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looking back now, I wish we would have done it.  I also, wanted the traditional way.  But now that I think about it we always talk about how we should've.  We would've gotten a lot more pictures of just the two of us. 

FWIW, I've seen some of the older girls on here say it was still awesome walking down the aisle after their first look.  There was still a lot of emotion when they walked down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i was on the fence but desided against it... i def want to keep it traditional..and like steph said maybe the feeling is the same but the expressions ive also noticed dont add up when the couple has had a first look... :)
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will not be doing it. I want that butterflies moment of WOW when he sees me for the first time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do it. Though I seriously considered it, I am way too traditional. Plus, that moment that we both had with tears in our eyes when he saw me walking down the aisle was..amazing. I wouldn't have traded that for the world. Im sure it would have been emotional seeing him before, but I will cherish that moment forever :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok... so as of now, we are doing the first look... I have the mixed feelings for the same reasons all listed in this thread

It's just better for us because of the day light and the timing of our wedding (it'll be dark after my ceremony)... I am hoping this all works out and that I don't regret it in the end... Ashley with 13:13 loves them, and I am sure I will get amazing shots!

So, no more stressing on this for me! at least I hope to not stress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not doing a first look. I want FI to see me walking down the isle for the first time. I still feel that Awe moment will be better walking down the Isle than the first look. I know you will get more photo's but I'm old fashion on this one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a first look...but then, I'm not very traditional, good photos are important to me, and I'm honestly not very sentimental (Meaning I can't imagine anything such as a facial expression or feeling being ruined due to him seeing me ahead of time). I think it's just personal preference. It stinks to feel unsure about it though, I hope that you start to feel more confident in your decision! (And I truly believe that as a result of having a first look you'll get some great shots that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a first look too mostly bc we'll be changing out of our Indian clothes and into western clothes during the cocktail hour. We will still take some pictures but I just want to get most of them out of the way before the ceremony so that we don't feel rushed. Either way, your groom will still be in awe of how beautiful you look all day and night long!
  • Options
    Dana JRDana JR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing it for many reasons. I would rather have that "moment" in private anyways. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the first look! I want to experience the first time my FI sees me in my bridal look, with him alone! I think it is going to be a more intimate experience that just him watching me walk down the aisle and then jump into the ceremony. At that moment I want to hug him and kiss him and tell him what i'm feeling! Can't do that at the altar...
  • Options
    LindsA90410LindsA90410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not doing the first look. As some of the other girls said, I am also very traditional. I dream about the look that FI will have on his face when he sees me at the end of the aisle before I walk down. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did a first look and I wouldn't change my decision if I had it to do over again! even though we saw each other before the ceremony, I still had that feeling all over again when I saw him walking down the aisle.  Plus, it took a lot of pressure off the ceremony and all the emotions.  It was nice to spend time together before the ceremony and he was able to get me to relax some... plus we got some amazing pics that we wouldn't have had had we not seen each other before hand.

best of luck in your decision, either way it will be special and beautiful!
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a first look. I'm not all that traditional either. I really want to get great pics and not miss my cocktail hour. I'm actually stressing out now that the family pics will take too long and take too much time away from the CH lol
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg I'm going through the same debate!!! It really is stressful! I'm traditional but the time of our wedding wont allow for many pictures and after our ceremony it will be dark out. I think we will end up doing it and I'm hoping the altar moment will still feel just as amazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm not doing it because we'll have lots of time between the ceremony and reception for more pictures
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards