Florida-South Florida
Options

opinion-- Rehearsal breakfast?

Hmm... our wedding is on a Sat. evening and I just asked my DOC if we can do a rehearsal so we know the run-down of everything (ceremony is on the beach) and she suggested before 12pm on Friday or after 4pm on Thurs. since South Beach is a mad house Friday evenings.  What do you guys think if we took our bridal party for a rehearsal breakfast instead of a rehearsal dinner?  I know it's traditionally supposed to be the groom's family throwing it, but I don't think they'll be able to so I'll probably do like my MOH did for hers and just have us and the bridal party.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!

Re: opinion-- Rehearsal breakfast?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    My only concern would be about your family and bridal party's availability on Friday morning. Would they be okay taking off of work? IMO, they've already spent a decent amount of time and money on the wedding, and I wouldn't want them to lose more time and money by not working on Friday.

What about a Friday night dinner and just not rehearsing and your exact venue? You could rehearse in a park and still go out for dinner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    PhiSigFly has a good point at the end there. You could meet at the beach and do a walk through if you want/have the time for it BEFORE the rehearsal off site.

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Options
    The beach itself is actually deserted on the weekend night. I think it would be a good time to get some privacy on the beach. Bring flashlights though cause its not lit, unless you do it at like 6:307, then there will be light, but also a few of the beach stragglers. The restaurants and bars are of course packed so make reservations for dinner and you'll be all set. Also there are a million garages, unless you do it during college spring break there will be parking. I would also worry about doing it Friday morning because that means people have to take a half day or the whole day and that could really stress some people out. Also, I think the beach will have more people the actual sand beach during the day then at night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks -- actually we're all coming from Jersey and so far our bridal party is all coming down on Thursday, so they would'nt be taking any additional time off of work.  Our wedding is going to be on veteran's wknd. so it was easier for people to take off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!
  • Options
    Are you planning the ceremony near to any bars/clubs? If so, then I'd suggest going with a morning rehearsal and brunch on Friday rather than an afternoon/evening rehearsal and dinner.
    I think a breakfast/brunch would be sensible and could be just as fun. And even though the groom's family traditionally hosts, there have been a lot of changes to who does what/when/how, so I doubt anyone would be bothered by the two of you hosting your BP and parents (and sibs if you have any). Then it would free up the rest of the day for some fun relaxation with you and your BP- like, say mani/pedis, facials or a massage?
  • Options
    We're having to do an early rehearsal and brunch too!! I'm actually really excited about it because it frees up the rest of the day for out of town guests to do whatever they want!! That way you can get all fo the important details out of the way for the weekend and then just have fun!!  Unless you want a more traditional nighttime rehearsal and dinner...enjoy and have fun!!
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If no one will have to take off, I'd do it Friday morning and take them to breakfast.. that's fun and it will give you more time to relax that evening!! 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Thanks, Ladies!  Me and FI were thinking that'd be a cool idea when we talked about it some more.  And our venue has a breakfast menu that sounds good, so we may end up doing that.  I just have to double-check when everyone's flights will be soon :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards