Florida-South Florida
Options

PGA National- Anna Erickson (Avoid at all costs)

Surprised the Knot endorses PGA National Resort and Spa. Just found out PGA National completely booked their hotel the week of my wedding. I booked my wedding over a year ago?! My guests have no place to stay. Do not book your wedding at PGA National. Anna Erickson promised one thing and is delivering something completely different. 

No to mention, this was sold to us as a destination wedding. PGA National and Anna Erickson should not be considered for a wedding venue. I am actually considering cancelling the wedding (not the marriage) because my guests have no place to stay!

Re: PGA National- Anna Erickson (Avoid at all costs)

• Options
    I am so sorry this is happening to you.... Is there a golf tournment going on there??  WHY on earth didnt you have a room block- They should have done that fo you when you booked. So you lose anything if you cancel...... Is there anything in the contract that says anything about saving rooms for you?? I would speak to their GM.... It doesnt hurt to speak up your frustrations..... I hope for the best... Much Luck!!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that happened. There are lots of hotels nearby in Palm Beach Gardens though!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_pga-national-anna-erickson-avoid-costs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:4a656ee1-8388-4a7c-9f2d-7fddc51dcb0fPost:07d6aeb0-7bac-4fea-a93a-f66ac27c4d43">Re: PGA National- Anna Erickson (Avoid at all costs)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so sorry this is happening to you.... Is there a golf tournment going on there??  WHY on earth didnt you have a room block- They should have done that fo you when you booked. So you lose anything if you cancel...... Is there anything in the contract that says anything about saving rooms for you?? I would speak to their GM.... It doesnt hurt to speak up your frustrations..... I hope for the best... Much Luck!!
    Posted by munecca[/QUOTE]

This. I would look at your contract to see if there is anything in there about rooms. If there isn't, I am a little confused as to why you wouldn't have blocked rooms when you signed the contract.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    It's actually not the hotel's fault that they were booked up. If your wedding is occuring during a golf tourmament, then she should've mentioned something about the room situation to you. They can not guarantee rooms unless you set up a block well in advance. I had the same problem while looking at other wedding locations. Sorry this is happening to you. There are MANY other hotels in the surrounding area for your guests to stay.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    I hate to be rude but this doesn't seem like a huge issue. They are not required to have rooms available for you. I would look into the hotels that are close! I hope everything works out.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I agree with the ladies. The hotels responsiblity is to sell rooms and if you didn't block off for your friends and family. Catering Managers 99% of the time don't create the room block agreements- usually a sales manager does that. It's also high season in South Florida. Your alternate option is to get a room block at a nearby hotel and shuttle your family to/from your wedding location.

*** TTC since 10/2010 (no planned bc since 2007) Me (31) Sept 2012 - DX Luteal Phase Defect. HSG 8/2012: both tubes are open, cervix and lining look good; hypothyroidism; DH (35) SA Normal Clomid 50mg, trigger
    10/2012 BFFN 1st cycle on clomid 50mg w/trigger shot, progesterone level 19.7, cd28 - hcg level 0.
    ***12/2012 Cycle #25 TTA break until March 2013***
    3T Jan2013 Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Winter image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    OB/GYN=expertise in pregnancy/labor; RE=expertise in getting pregnant. (read this on someone's post, feel free to PM me to give you credit) I'm so glad I have a RE on my team. Consult a RE after 1 year under 35yo; 6 months 35yo+
  • Options
    We are having our wedding at PGA National in June and have been dealing with Sarai who we love!  They don't block rooms at PGA so it has to be booked asap.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards