Florida-South Florida

Ceremony? & Vows

Hello Ladies,

We are having a friend of the family perform our ceremony. He IS a pastor... Do you think he would be offended if I come up with an outline of what to say??

Also...
I've been tweaking our vows for a while... what do you think?? We agreed to keep them mostly the same, but have some individual bits. Each vow takes about 25-30 seconds... so not too long. which is good.

(I go first so I won't break down and lose it til the end.)

Dennis,

I choose you to be my husband, my bestfriend, my happily ever after and the father of our children. I promise to always hold your heart safe in my hands, to comfort you when times are tough, laugh with you when you are silly, and to love you faithfully and unconditionally for the rest of my life.

You are my everything and I love you. Then. Now. Always.

Jenifer,

I choose you to be my wife, my partner in crime, the love of my life, and the mother of our children we will have one day. I promise to hold you when are are scared, or happy, or sad... I promise to always keep your heart safe in my hands, to comfort you when times are tough, laugh with you when you are silly, and to love you faithfully and unconditionally for the rest of my life.

You are my everything and I love you. Then. Now. Always.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ceremony? & Vows

• edited December 2011
    love that you guys wrote the vows together.. my fi is scared to write his own vows but maybe if we do some rules and I let him see mines and vice versa he'd feel better about it ... :)

Also I do not see why your friend who is preforming the ceremony should get upset. However, maybe you can talk to him and see how he does it and tell him how you want it done and make him feel a part of it instead of just giving it to him.
  • edited December 2011
    They are beautiful.

geri......
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the vows. They are beautiful.
  • sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so cute..I doubt your friend will get upset!!  better not ;-)
  • MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love your vows. I'm sure they wouldn't be offended. Just ask if it can be personalized. <3
  • graceandjakegraceandjake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So cute!  I would be too nervous to recite something I wrote.  I am just going to repeat what the minister says!
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love the vows!!
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards