Florida-South Florida
Options

bridesmaid dresses

I can't seem to find a beautiful, unique dress for my bridesmaids to try.  Where did you find the dresses for your bridesmaids?? (besides Davids Bridal and Alfred Angelo). TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17

Re: bridesmaid dresses

• Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat with the bridesmaid dresses. I want to find something afforable but that still looks really nice. Everything is either too much money or just yuck!

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting the convertable dresses from henkka.com... the girls can wear them in different styles which helps them be unique.

HTH!!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

My bridal shop recommend Pretty Maids by House of Wu.

http://prettybridesmaids.com/

You can get any dress in any of the fabrics they offer (chiffon, satin, organza, and taffeta). You can also get the dress in any length-- floor, tea, or knee.

I have a wide range of sizes in my party and my MOH (size 12) looked amazing in a basic, strapless floor length dress. It was flattering and affordable for my girls (about $150 at my bridal shop).

I haven't picked out the dresses yet but I'm definitely going with Pretty Maids.

The only shop that I know carries them around the SoFla area is Unique Bridal in Deerfield Beach. They had a pretty good selection.

I will be ordering my BM dresses through my bridal shop, For the Bride, which is in Ft. Myers (bought my dress there so I will just pick them up when I pick her up). It's a long drive but a great shop with a TON of dresses.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Pam on Henkka
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using WTOO, they have really cute dresses. Pats bridal in S. Miami has a lot. I also love Lazaro and Jim hjelm.
    This is the dress I am having my girls wear.
    http://www.watters.com/Product/WtooDresses/953/#Colors:moonstone
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_bridesmaid-dresses-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:53a43e2b-f575-42e1-bea5-efdaf99c654cPost:a1e88e77-739f-4128-8ca5-b9cf683a9311">Re: bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting the convertable dresses from henkka.com... the girls can wear them in different styles which helps them be unique. HTH!!
    Posted by Pamela718[/QUOTE]

Ok, those dresses are super cool!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really into the convertible dresses too but would like them to try it on before they buy. They had convertible dresses at boca raton bridal but They don't anymore. I'll check out henkka.com. Thanks ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_bridesmaid-dresses-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:53a43e2b-f575-42e1-bea5-efdaf99c654cPost:0a9877fd-2a96-4ad1-97f5-3ed8ca305f39">Re: bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really into the convertible dresses too but would like them to try it on before they buy. They had convertible dresses at boca raton bridal but They don't anymore. I'll check out henkka.com. Thanks ladies!
    Posted by brooklyngurl81[/QUOTE]

They usually come in one size fits all... some other places you could check out is twobirds.com (they are more pricey) and also victoriassecret.com has convertable dresses too.

IF you want to see them in person, there is a company in Boca that is a wedding "go-to" place for everything (my photographer is located there) and there is a woman there who sells these amazing convertable dresses that you can try on right there. They are a little more expensive than henkka but not by much. I don't have the name on me but I'm leaving work in about 15 minutes and I'll post the name, address, and phone number so you can check it out.
    *February Siggy*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK here is the info:
    Nuova Vita
    www.nuovavitaonline.com
    561-558-5733
    I know that she's located at the "Ready, Set, Wed" Store in Boca on E. Palmetto Rd just past Mizner Park. i believe you can try the dresses on there.

HTH!!!
    *February Siggy*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Henkaa!! I'm obsessed with these dresses! :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my girls bridesmaid dresses at Lilly Pulitzer. Maybe try a non wedding store.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP about trying a non-wedding store. I found beautiful dresses for my girls at Banana Republic Factory store at Dolphin (it was fate because I wasn't even looking for them). But Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Dillards, Macy's, Nordstrom, etc. are what I would recommend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! I forgot to mention The Limited. You can see their bridesmaid dresses online. My friend had her bridesmaids wear them, and they are beautiful, but don't carry a style that feels exclusively bridesmaids-y. Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow! Thanks so much ladies love you all sooo much!! I will check out all of your suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards