Florida-South Florida
Options

My first wedding nightmare!!!

I had my first wedding nightmare...I was getting ready for my wedding, and was doing my hair. I couldn't get my hair to poof nicely (as in the Snooki poof from Jersey Shore...definitely not the wedding look that I'm going for in real life). I kept trying and trying, and it was almost time for the ceremony. All of my bridesmaids (who were also from Jersey and had perfect hair poofs) were upset and disappointed with me for not having my poof perfected. I was so stressed trying to get my hair to poof. I finally gave up and decided to curl my hair, but I didn't have a curling iron, so I was twirling it around a straightener and wondering why this didn't result in a curl. So. Stressful.

My wedding is still 9 months away, I can only imagine how much worse the nightmares will get when I'm actually close to the day!

What have been your funniest/scariest wedding nightmares? Have the nightmares gotten more intense closer to the day?

Re: My first wedding nightmare!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! Dont worry the nightmares start to go away. I had nightmares in month 10, 9, and 8.... but then once i started making final decisions on plans the nightmares started to go away....  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh i had a lot of hair disaster dreams...but pp is right they go away once things start to come together... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure it was a scary nightmare for you but I can't help but laugh hysterically at this story. My FI became huge fans of The Jersey Shore fans this year (it was our guilty pleasure) so this story is probably one of the funniest things I have read on this post so far! I'm sure you were relieved when you woke up and realized there was no Snooki "poof" in sight...HORRIFYING!!! LOL

I've experienced some but once the ideas have become clearer in my mind they've sort of disappeared. You'll be fine Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have nightmares when i first started planning and now they are gone. I'm sure they will happen closer to the wedding. I think we want everything to go perfect when we plan we bring it into our dreams!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wedding nightmares suck. had one last night that was sooo real!! aahh! but i really can't help but lol at yours - the perfect poof, i love it. haha! sometimes the dreams are so ridiculous, i dreamt once that i jumped into a pool while in my wedding dress - this was before the ceremony! in part of my dream last night, i dreamt that all the groomsmen were wearing bright t-shirts and dress pants, wtf? guess that means i need to take of their attire soon. haha
    best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, I thought it was really bad that I've already had one, and that they'd get worse closer to the date. I'm glad to hear that for some of you they went away closer to the day!

I admit, it was a pretty funny nightmare. Clearly I'm watching too much trash TV!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL!!! That's funny. I shouldn't be laughing at nightmares because I have them nightly in general, but a "poof" nightmare is hilarious.

I had wedding nightmares almost throughout and even some after the wedding. Thankfully the wedding nightmares post wedding have ended.

Ladies - Just know that it is completely normal to have silly, absurd even scary nightmares throughout this process. 

Just hang in there.. none of those actually come true. If they did, Tom Hanks would have attended my wedding in Joe Robbie (Dolphin Stadium/Sunlife Stadium) while I had no shoes, purple hair, no flowers and fighting with my mother as I walked down the isle in a dress 3 sizes too small for me.   :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards