Florida-South Florida
Options

How do I...?

Like most of you, I've never planned a wedding before, so I'm getting a bit confused in the process.

Right now I'm struggling with catering. I've emailed a few caterers for pricing information. Now that I have the information, there are a few that look like they'd work well for us. Now should I call them and try to schedule a tasting? I just don't know the order usually goes, or if I'm missing anything. How does it usually work?

Thanks!

Re: How do I...?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Some caterers will do a tasting before you sign a contract and some will not do a tasting until after signing a contract.  Also, they may charge you extra for the tasting.  the best thing to do is just ask them! :) HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a tasting with our caterer before the wedding, but we specially requested one (because we had a custom menu prepared, we wanted to make sure the traditional Indian food they were making was up to scratch).  They told us we could have one for a per-person fee, but what we got for that was about two hours spent with the chef and coordinator asking us for our feedback on everything, and we sampled six apps, the salad, three entrees, and six desserts.  Plus drinks.  A meal that nice anywhere else with that kind of service would have cost a lot more, and since we ended up booking with them, it was free.  If you're unsure about your caterer for a good reason (say you're doing a vegan wedding and want to make sure they know what they're doing), I recommend it. 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the caterers I have tried, they give at least a mini tasting before booking...otherwise how are you supposed to know the food is good?  I've tried Parties by Pat and Chez Gourmet, and they both did pre- booking tastings, Chez Gourmet even did 2 for us since my fiance couldn't attend the first one.  I'd definitely ask and let them know that you'd like to see what they produce.  I'm going with chez gourmet, and they are truly amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! That helps a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards