Florida-South Florida
Options

Last Post as a Miss...

I cant believe today has come. Four and half years of being with Mitch and finally I am just a few days away from calling him my husband. (Beware this may get long, I am on percocet for my emergency root canal yesterday so I am a little wooozy!)
It hasnt always been easy (we were together 6 months when my mom died and I didnt stop crying for weeks, I moved in to his apartment while he was OOT not giving him a single warning just him getting home and me being like "HI I moved in", to his career and constant traveling.) Thru it all we have both remained fiercly committed, honest, and strong.
When we got engaged 18 months ago, I thought I had all the time in the world. Luckily, I instantly took to wedding planning and got right on it. People were critical with how far in advance I did things but these last couple weeks, I am glad I did. I have been so calm and relaxed. I have been able to do things as they come up since I dont have anything else going on. (Like the root canal yesterday, trying to move the RD up a little bit since its getting darker, earlier, working on my sisters schedule to get our nails done.)
I joined the TK to ask a simple question...before I knew it, I was hooked. You ladies (past and present) have been an incredible resource for help, laughs, and good times together.
Mitch was gone for the last 6 months of wedding planning. It made things very difficult but we are stronger than ever. His career will keep him gone atleast 6 months every year! Treasure your times with FI. It sucks when he is gone!!
If I can give some advice to ladies just starting the planning process...do everything early when you can! Our venue was booked over a year and every other major vendor was booked a year out. You can secure better rates and have a better group to pick from. Take your time, interview a lot of different vendors. I didnt do this and I picked 3 photogs that I wound up not using. We lost a lot of money that would come in handy now. All in all, I am happy with my vendors now and cant wait to see what they all do. Ladies, this day is about you and your fi. Do not get away from that! You are going to have people pulling you in 85 directions. Do what makes you 2 happy. In the end thats all that reallly matters.

Just a few shot outs:

Gabi- I wish you all the best on Saturday. You are by far the sweetest person I have ever met. I am so happy for you and Danny and i cant wait to see how it all comes together.

Lynette- Thank you for everything! It meant the world to me that you helped me with my dress. I am so happy that you are going to share my day with me!

Dee- I remember when you first joined this board...I was excited that our dates were the same, our venues were right across the street. I know your day will be amazing and I cant wait to see it all come together.

Natalie- I cant even begin to tell you how big of a help you have been! You have saved me from freaking out about the day of. Your help is invaluable. You are such an awesome person for offering to help and putting up with my ADD! Love you!

Jenifer- I wish we wouldve met sooner when I was in PSL! Who knows, I may be back there sooner rather than later. Your wedding was amazing and I couldnt be happier for you!

To the rest of you: Im sorry I cant remember all your names right now (percocet remember!?!?!?) everyone on here has been so helpful. Use this board as a resource but stay away from DRAMA! If another board attacks over here, let them be. Obviously they have too much time on their hands! You are here to plan a wedding!!

10-10-10 weekend ladies- Danielle, Gabi, Janet, Jen, Shannon, and Lisa- May all of your days be amazing! I cant wait to see pics from each and everyone of you! We finally made it so enjoy!

To my married knotties: Jen, Danielle, Jaime, Court, Adri, Lacey, Christina--Your support, advice and insight has helped me immensly! I hope you all are enjoying married life and I cant wait to join you on the other side!!!

I am still not sure what the emergency fund at the end is but I will be sure to let you know if I figure it out! OK I think thats it....time to go back to sleep and enjoy my last day of freedom! I love all of you ladies and I will see you on the flip side!!

Re: Last Post as a Miss...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Karen, I'm sooo excited for you and Mitch! Just from photos alone and the way you talk about him just reveals so much of the love you have for each other. I'm honored to be able to witness your wedding and celebrate with you! It's all come together so nicely, it's going to be a fantastic weekend filled with people you both love so much. I cannot wait to see you on Sunday!! :)

I'm sad that you will be moving to NC soon, but so excited for you at the same time. A new life started with your husband, it's just awesome...I wish you both the best! We'll have to have post wedding g2g's when you come down to visit. Maybe we'll be having bump g2g's! lol

Emergency fund, lol...I was thinking about that today. The mystery emergency fund! Let's hope it's not real!

I'm so happy that you are having a relaxed week and that you were able to get last-minute help with your tooth. Text, call, email me anytime this week and in the future! Love you!! <3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww Karen! I can't believe your time has come! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to finally see all your details come together. And you're 100% right about getting everything done as early as possible. It is one of the best pieces of wedding advise any bride can give another. Congrats.!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all, I am so jealous that you're in bed right now. And on percocet.  

Second of all, your day is going to be AMAZING! I'm so happy that the family drama has subsided and you've come out on top of it all...I can just imagine how cute and petite and just freakin' adorable you're going to look the day of your wedding...your FI is going to be BLOWN away!! =D

Love you sweet thing, hugs and kisses for you and good luck on your special day!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nooo ....we are losing the 10-10-10 girls... booo...imma miss you all!  I hope you are feeling better sweety....honestly you have been a doll to everyone on here...and i am really sad to see you go (so you better be back after) ...you all need to forget about the nest and bump and stay here!!!! LOL

Let us know how the moving goes! I really wish you both the best on your new adventure.... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KAREN!!

..I can't believe it's your last post. I knew the 10-10-10 girls would be coming on here this week and I'm just in awe.

I wish you & Mitch the happiest, most lovely, special, romantic, silly, crazy, funny weddings. Enjoy each other. Take the to talk, dance, eat & play.

See you on the other side MRS!!!!!! <3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karen,
    You are going to be a beautiful bride and the photos will be amazing. I can't wait to see them. I wish you the best in NC and thank you for the post to get things done early. That made me feel better and my early planning.  You are such a positive and great person! We will miss you on here.So happy you are relaxing and enjoying your day XOXO
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karen - I'm so excited for you!!! So happy that your day is finally just around the corner. I can't wait to see you walk down the isle and become a Mrs.!

btw... You are SOOO right! Great advice to the girls to get things done early!

Now, enjoy the Percoset and the quiet time before the PARTAY!!!! :-)
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Karen -

First Gabi's last post...then yours!  its a sad time for TK..but yeah for the 10/9 -10/10 girls!

I am sooo excited for you and Mitch.  What an amazing women you are for being strong and putting up with your FIL's for this long all while Mitch was in NY.  Here it is baby...your big weekend is here. You and Mitch are becoming one and starting your new life together with Astro in NC. 

I'm so glad we got to know each other and I look forward to seeing pictures from Sunday and hearing all about your amazing event! 

Make sure the music is not too long that my venue can hear it now! hehe

love you Karen....best wishes for a lifetime of happiness for you and Mitch!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karen, i am so happy that i got to meet you. you are such a sweetheart i wish you nothing but love and happiness this weekend. and you will be a beautiful bride!! cant wait to see pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karen:  It was great meeting you at one of the GTG.  Best of luck with your wedding and married life.  I can't wait to see some pictures.  I'll be stalking FB for sure. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karen... I remember when I joined this board and we were new-ish.. it felt like our dates were an eternity away... now mine is almost 3 months away and yours is FOUR DAYS AWAY!!! EEEEEE!!!!! Time is has definitely flown by!

I'm sooooo grateful that we met and hit it off. And I'm really glad that I could help you out with your fittings! You look gorgeous in your dress and I can't wait to see it all come together on Sunday!!!

I wish you and Mitch nothing but all the happiness in the world and lots of major league babies!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    rosel80rosel80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Karen!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karen, I can't believe we're almost there! Congratulations, and I hope you have a beautiful day from start to finish!
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karen! I can't believe your wedding is finally here. I'm so excited for you - your day will be perfect and you'll have the most wonderful happily ever after. I can't wait to see pics and your video recap! Maybe some day we'll meet up at one of your HUSBAND'S Met games. :)

CONGRATULATIONS HONEY! Go get your married on!
    xoxo
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay Karen, I am so happy its finally your time!! Im so happy for you and Mitch and I wish you two nothing but happiness and love. Enjoy your day and go get your married on!!!
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I wish you and Mitch the most spectacular day ever!!  Everything is going to be amazing and it will be the best day of your life.

Congrats hun!!

-Danielle

• Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck to both you and Mitch!
    This weekend shall be an awesome weekend!
  • Options
    hollie1113hollie1113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karen,
    I wish the most PERFECT day for you! Thank you for being a ginormous source of help, inspiration, and strength for all of us. All the best to you and Mitch for a happy future :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KAREN! I NEVER come on the knot anymore but had to come and watch you ladies gracefully go get married. Have the best day of your life and I am SO proud of you. I know what you have been through and I can't be happier for you and Mitch.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO GO MARRY THAT MAN!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karen you have no idea how excited I am for you!!!! You have gone through way too much stress with Mitch's family and now it's time for you to sit back, relax and enjoy every single moment of your day.  You made it through everything. You're a strong woman and you deserve nothing but the best. I'll be thinking of you on Sunday. You're going to be a beautiful bride. I can't wait to see pics. Wishing you a fabulous day filled with so much love and happiness. You and Mitch are so in love, I love it!

xoxoxo love you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ahhh! have a wonderful wedding!!! enjoy every second :) your going to be beautiful birthday twin!!!! xoxoxoxo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karen... oh Karen... I can't believe you down played your last post... "I'm not good with words" lol YEA RIGHT!

I can not wait for Sunday because I get to see 2 of my girls get married!!! Who else gets to do that, but Katherine Heigl in 27 dresses and us crazy Knotties!!! I am so happy to be there to support you and Mitch and just know that if you need ANYTHING, I am there and happy to help! :) Tell you DOC's that hehehe

You have been such a sweetheart and a trooper through such trying times that there is absolutley NO WAY that your day can be anything short of Fantastic! I can't wait to see you in your Bridal Best, and see how Mitch looks at you when you start down that aisle!

I am super duper excited and happy for you. I love you girl!

Now.... Go get your Married On!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karen-

Congrats on your wedding date twin!  Thank you for all of the great advice along the way.  You are going to be a beautiful bride.  I wish you all the best.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards