Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Outdoor ceremony/indoor reception/hotel nearby

Hi everyone ... my fiance and I are planning a wedding for next summer and are having a tough time finding what we want within our price range. We need a venue for fewer than 100 people (with room for a dance floor) and are hoping for a price range of about $50 pp including food and alcohol. My dream wedding would include a garden ceremony and indoor reception, hopefully in the same location or close by. Hotel accommodations would be even better! We're trying to avoid the standard banquet hall feel, but our size and budget seem to be challenges. We're thinking downtown or West side, if possible, but are willing to venture even out to wine country, for example. So far site rental fees are overwhelming and we have no clue what to do! Any ideas?

Re: Outdoor ceremony/indoor reception/hotel nearby

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered Mapleside Farm in Brunswick? You can do an outdoor ceremony overlooking the orchard and an indoor reception in their Apple Bin Room (I think that is the name). The room holds up to 150 I think, so there should be plenty of room for a dance floor. Pricing is easily under $50/pp including alcohol.

If you'd rather do a true garden ceremony, Gardenview Horticultural Park in Strongsville is right down the street (across from Michaud's banquet hall). It's a privately owned collection of gardens, but open to the public ($5 admission that goes directly toward garden upkeep) on weekends in summer. At very least, it would be a lovely area to take photos.

You might also check out the Chalet in Strongsville. It's part of the Metroparks. Can do your outdoor ceremony, then indoor reception. Not sure of the specifics on pricing there though. The setting is pretty. The only caveat I can think of is that you may only be allowed to serve beer and wine -- no liquor. That's typically how Cleveland Metroparks rentals (at least the picnic pavilions) are handled.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Would you be willing to travel to Wooster? LOL Quailcrest Farms has amazing gardens for ceremony, then an onsite reception center for up to 150 guests...its BYOB and BYOCaterer so you can save a bunch of $$$ and I find the location beatiful!
    PM me if interested in photos
    Also check Deluca's and Rose cafe at Lakeview Beach ....not sure pricing but they  both offer different and unique options .

• Options
    RAnderson001RAnderson001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Atwood is gorgeous and affordable they cater and also has a spa and allot of outdoor activities as well it is also on a lake that is 3 miles long they have a ferry boat to ride it the have ball rooms and accommodation for staying there also if your family and friends are the adventurous type they have hiking and cabins that you can rent out even with full kitchens in them it is a very nice place.    http://www.atwoodlakeresort.com/weddings.html 
    This Ohio resort accommodations feature 104 spacious resort guest rooms, 17 cottages and two lake houses. it is about 1 hour and a half from Cleveland but well worth it. They have their own wedding coordinator and also provide linens and stuff for your reception and they also have a photographer on site  i'm not positive what they charge for the picture taking though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I"m having my reception at Lake Forest Country club. www.lakeforestcc.org. It's beautiful - more of a manor than a banquet hall. Our ceremony is outside with the reception indoors. Our hotel is 15 minutes away (Clarion Inn) and they provide a shuttle for your guests.
  • Options
    jdkovacsjdkovacs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions! I'm checking them all out.

Also, any feedback on the Mon Ami Winery in Port Clinton? It looks beautiful and there appears to be a Holiday Inn Express just down the street.
  • Options
    kellbellc09kellbellc09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mon Ami, I checked it out gorgeous, affordable. does have a couple hotels down the road. it has some bad reviews from brides who had weddings or showers there, though. so with that info and that some family don't want to "drive the distance" we are looking at other options. :(
  • Options
    amandattownamandattown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where did you find reviews for Mon Ami?  I've been looking around and can only find pictures from there.  I'm interested in doing my ceremony and reception there, and would love to get some feedback on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards