Ohio-Cleveland

Gift Ideas for the Dads

I am having so much trouble trying to figure out what to get the dads for their gifts.  If anyone has any idea, that would be helpful.  Here's a little info on each of them to help.

My dad loves his Harley & old cars.  He loves listening to music & being outdoors & camping.

My FI's dad loves playing poker & traveling.  He is also really into technology.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

Re: Gift Ideas for the Dads

• londonbellelondonbelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your dad...does he drink or smoke? Engraved flask or cig box? What about concert tickets to a fav concert coming up?  That is a tricky one...

My DH got his dad actually a custom engraved set of USB drives that had various thank yous and our wedding date. 

Dads are hard to shop for, I agree!  I got my some favorite books that I knew he wanted and liked...he was happy with them and still has them to this day.
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm. That's tough! That's also why we did couples gifts for the parents (gc to a nice restaurant they normally wouldn't visit on their own).

For your dad, if he likes outdoorsy stuff, does he have a Leatherman multi-tool yet? They're very useful for camping as well as around-the-house fixes. You can get it engraved, if you like. We actually gave these to all of our groomsmen. DH is an avid camper and many of his guys were into hiking, hunting and the like. We also gave them each a Pulsar mini-LED keychain flashlight. The guys loved 'em. I should also mention that DH has owned one for YEARS and gets lots of use out of his.

For your FI's dad, maybe one of those digital photo frames? You could load it up (post wedding) with some wedding pics or figure he'd use it for travel pics, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • amariemazamariemaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We gave our dad's custom beer mugs with a painted picture of their tux on the front and the back had their name and our wedding date.  I got them from Etsy.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards