Florida-South Florida

RSVP due 4 days - what to do

I've received about 20 RSVPs... waiting on about 150 more!  Should I start prompting my friends if they've recieved my invitations so they get the hint?  Simply write RSVP on my FB status?  Or is there a better way to do this? 

Re: RSVP due 4 days - what to do

• edited December 2011
    honestly, I'd send like a mass text asking them to pls send their RSVPs back lol

It may not be the "nice" thing to do but I think that if you don't make it sound rude, it should be fine. I would restrict this to friends friends only. Maybe not so much with like family friends, or parent friends.

I know I wouldn't mind if a friend of mine text me with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Im a stickler for the 'miss manners' thing. If the 4 days goes by and you don't get many more, I would send a note to everyone that didn't reply expressing your regret that they can't make it to your wedding and that you look forward to seeing them next time. You'll wind up getting lots of responses either way. Plus, it's fun when you get to be snarky and you're in the right!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd text everyone or put something on my status like "Just wanted to remind everyone that the RSVP deadline is just 4 days away! Can't wait to hear from you!" Then, after the deadline, I'd start calling people.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent a reminder email to everyone that hadn't replied about a week and a half before the deadline. It was a friendly, just a reminder that RSVP deadline is such and such date.

I really don't care about etiquette and what others think, so I didn't mind sending the reminder. Everyone responded after that, with the exception of one of two ppl. So I say go ahead and remind them.

GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards